16: Always expect the Unexpected

*-*-*-*

"Hey Kaede, where did you goー What the hell?!"

Yep. Those were the words that came from Yoichi when he saw me in Aomine's arms.

"Shut up. She sprained her ankle." Aomine gently lowered me down to a couch, making sure that my ankle didn't have the slightest of disruptions so that I wouldn't be in pain. Sometimes I wonder if he's a samaritan or a devil.

But my mind settled on the Devil in Blue.

I shrugged.

"Why are you shrugging?" Aomine asked, raising a perfectly thin eyebrow. But I didn't have time to answer.

"Why are you here?" Yoichi spat and squinted his eyes at the tanned male, emphasizing on the word "you". Though Aomine seemed unaffected.

"You should've taken better care of her, if you're her so-called childhood friend." He shot back, yawning loudly. "I wonder why you're here, though."

"What did you just say?" Yoichi hissed through his teeth, hands already clenching. I could tell that his fist was itching to make contact with Aomine's face.

"If you followed her, she wouldn't have been f*cking raped!" Aomine suddenly growled out, fire swarming through his eyes. In turn, Yoichi's went wide.

"What the hell were you talking about, you bastard?"

"Ask her yourself!"

Yoichi abruptly locked his gaze with mine. I flinched, but no matter how hard I wanted to look away, his eyes held mine captive. Guilt and denial swarmed through his eyes, and my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach.

"Is it true?" His voice came out, more gentler, barely a whisper. I dropped my head low, my locks covering my face. A nod from me sufficed him a reply.

Silence fell over us, and my whole body twitched just to get out of here. The silence was slowly killing me.

"Hey! Let's go ba..." Kise's cheery voice stopped as soon as he saw all three of us together, not to mention the tension around us. Oh goodness.

"Kise!" I stood up, ignoring the stinging pain that shot through my ankle. I tried to walk towards him, but ended up limping. When I couldn't take it anymore, I hopped towards him.

I was about to fall when he caught me in his arms, helping me stand back up. "Kaecchi? What happened to your ankle?"

"I fell and sprained it. I'm never gonna wear heels again."

Kise shook his head. "You really ought to take care of yourself, you know?"

Oh, good. Kise must've brought the lie. I shall thank Takao for this.

"Come on, let's all go home." His gaze then landed on Aomine, which made him stop and tense. "Why are you here?" He kept his posture cool, though his question was laced with venom.

"I don't have to explain it all over again, do I?" Aomine stretched, locking his eyes into Kise's.

"Oh whatever! Let's get back home!" I cut through them all.

And I assure you, the ride back home was enough to make me bury myself alive.

*-*-*-*

"What?" I asked again, making sure what I heard right.

"You don't remember? it's already time for the tallying of the points. The total scores will be revealed tonight, at Dinner."

"But.. Isn't there a month more?"