Epilogue

Placebo - Running Up That Hill

Julian

I glanced around the room at the demons, giving each of them a glare.

"I need to see him," I demanded.

A dark man stood up and crossed his arms in front of his chest. He had a bald head, and was covered in ink.

"On what grounds? He has no interest in speaking with filth," he spat. I jerked and moved towards him, but stopped when I saw all of them tense around me.

I'm outnumbered.

I gritted my teeth, pulling my hand off of my knife.

My back still ached from what that bitch did to me.

"Trust that it's important," I muttered, and clenched my fists.

He waited for me to continue.

"It's information regarding betrayal from a servant of The Order."

He paused, and I saw him falter. Then he smiled, curling his lip.

"He has no time for - "

"Let him through, Aeshma."

I looked to see a woman standing from the end of the room. Her hair was short, shaved on one side.

She obviously had power over him, since he grunted and stepped to the side.

I studied the large wooden door in front of me. I could feel the energy radiating off it, the immense power. It rose above me by a few feet, and looked worn out from time. Black iron crows were stamped along the door, trailing down to the floor.

I felt adrenaline course through my veins as I pushed the door open.

This is it.

I walked into what looked like a great hall, made of stone. Torches were strung along the walls, the flames licking the stone and leaving black marks. There was a long carpet that went down the hall, stained with deep maroon colors.

I looked to see a throne at the end of the room, with two demon standing on either side. There was a deep blue cloth hanging over the arms of the throne, but the seat was empty.

I stopped where the carpet ended, watching the silent demons. They stared back at me, not speaking.

"Where is he?" I asked, trying not to sound irritated in case he was around.

I have to be careful.

"What business do you have with him?" The one on the left asked. He was much darker in complexion compared to the other demon. I tried not to grit my teeth, but stopped when I heard the ruffling of feathers.

"Oh, do not fret, Legion."

The raspy voice came from the corner of the room, and I turned to see a man standing there. He had the brightest blue light shining off of him, like an aura. His dark hair match the goatee around his mouth, and his eyes blazed a light blue. He wore a dark blue suit in comparison to the black ones the demons wore.

"My Lord," I ushered, getting on one knee quickly and bowing my head down. I noticed a dried pool of blood in the same spot I kneeled.

He strode to the throne and slowly sat. He layed his arms on the rests, looking down at me. I notice the light that come off him slowly faded.

"Julian, is it?" He asked, his teeth shiny.

"Yes, my Lord." I got off of my knee and stod.

"What brings you to my... humble abode?" He gestured at the hall with one hand, and I could see the many rings on his fingers.

"I... bring news, my Lord." I paused, glancing at the demons.

He seemed to notice my hesitation, and put his hand in the air again.

"Go, Legion."

The two demons looked at him simultaneously and vanished.

He leaned back in his chair, crossing one leg over the other.

"Now. What news have you brought me?"

"It is warning of my cousin. Reece."

"Ah, yes. The troublemaker." His eyes narrowed as he studied my face, and I felt a twinge of anger. He laced his fingers together and leaned towards me.

"You are... handing over your own blood. Why?"

I paused.

"To earn your trust. I wish to work under you, my Lord." I tried to sound confident.

He seemed to think about what I said for a few moments before he spoke.

"You are already employed by the Order. Why would you be of use to me?"

I couldn't help the smile on my face.

"He plans to destroy the Order and kill you, my Lord."

He stopped, his eyes glistening.

"I have information that will help you end him," I added.

"And what would that be?" His upper lip was curled.

"I know his weakness."

He smiled.

_________

HOW DO YOU LIKE THE ENDING?!

I WANT TO CRY TEARS OF JOY 😅😅 WRITING THIS HAS BEEN AWESOME & I THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR READING!

Definitely take a look at the next update! 😉

                  ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇