Chapter 1

WARNING: older story of mine. There's cringe and it's just not great. Please check out newer works of mine instead :)

 Please check out newer works of mine instead :)

It happened last year. No one saw it coming, it hit our town like a meteor, something foreign, something both frightening and enticing. This scandal made everyone shake their heads, but they loved it, they love drama simply because they hardly get a taste of it. Sadly, their entertainment came with a cost, and I got shoved the bill. Really, the entire scandal was put into motion by me, but it wasn't my fault. They say I lied. That I made it up. They pinned me with a dire need of attention. Attention was the last thing I wanted, especially from someone like him.

Don't cause problems, my mother said to me, in this town, nothing stays a secret for long.

It's not a secret, I told her, I want people to know what he did to me. And I'm not causing problems, it's the truth!

I told my mother everything after the incident happened. She listened, and I thought she supported me—her nods were terribly convincing—but when I finished she told me to stop creating such stories. Attention, attention, attention, that's all she wants, they said, after it spread around the school. I told my best friend at the time, Daphne, and Daphne decided to take on the role of head-gossiper. She started the spread, like an STD during spring break, like in the movies. Everyone at school knew. Everyone at school thought I made it up, for guess what, attention.

She made it up because her Daddy ran away with that slut, some girls said in the locker room, just a week after school started.

The incident happened at a beginning of the school year party, thrown by the bastard himself. I attended with Daphne and our mutual friend Jana. Daphne was on the dance team and needed to soar this school year, as Junior year meant rising and senior year meant thriving. She needed to set herself up for greatness. Daphne, Jana, and I were nowhere near popular, but we weren't considered losers either, we were just there. I was okay with it, just being there. She needed more.

Once she made the dance team over the summer, Daphne knew she had a shot at actual popularity.

Jana, on the other hand, was like me, she was satisfied with her notch on the scale of social status. She was focused more on school than friends, then again, now, who knows what she's like.

To make this all clear, after the start of the year party and after the first semester of my Junior year, I left.

After my fake incident spread, everyone turned against me. How could they turn against their leader, Harrison Keller?

Harrison Keller was the host of the party a year ago, and my leading man in the production that is the scandal. Like I said before, I did not want attention from him, unlike everyone else. Everyone else happened to love him, he was the star of our small town football team, a golden boy, wealthy, and charismatic to all hell. Girls swooned, boys were jealous, blah, blah, blah.