88

C H A P T E R  88

Samantha took a breath like Viktor and pushed through the flap. She was met with a covered hallway which led to a sliver of light. That must be where the entrance was.

She slowly walked down the hallway until she reached the other flap. There stood Professor Flitwick who had a blank expression. "Wait here, Potter, for Mr. Bagman to announce your name."

She nodded and looked through the sliver. Her eyes fell upon a Quidditch hoop sized dragon. The silvery blue creature was flapping its wings and let out a roar of flames. They were a bright blue. In any other situation, Samantha would awe at the dragon but now, she gulped.

"Now for our second champion! She hails from Hogwarts and is a mighty lion from Gryffindor! Please welcome.....SAMANTHA POTTER!"

"That's you, Potter. Good luck," Flitwick squeaked.

"Thanks," she muttered and clutched onto her wand.

Samantha took one last breath and pushed through the flap. She walked through a rock archway and was met with the Swedish Short Snout covering a golden egg in the middle of a huge stadium. Bleachers of students were high above numerous boulders. The Swedish Short Snout was chained to three rocks and there were a dozen wizards waiting at the other side of the stadium, clutching their wands as well.

At the sight of Samantha, the crowd cheered and that seemed to bring her an adrenaline rush. The sound of noise caught the dragon's attentions. It's stark blue eyes scanned the enclosure and Samantha jumped behind a rock just in time.

It's blue flames flew past her and a few shards of rock graced her face. Samantha wiped it off with her sleeve and peeked around the other side of the rock.

By the dragon were numerous smaller rocks and Samantha decided to use those.

She raised her wand and stood firmly next to the rock. "Draconifors!" Samantha cried and the spell shot out at the four small rocks next to the dragon.

The rocks instantly turned into four smaller dragons. Samantha raised her wand which caused the dragons to fly into the air. She did a circling motion and the dragons started to fly around the Swedish Short Snout.

As the blue dragon was flinging its claws at the transfigured dragons, Samantha started to inch closer and closer around the enclosure to where the golden egg was.

"The dragon seems to be distracted by the Draconifors spell!" Ludo Bagman announced. "Let's see how this turns out!"

She didn't realize she was holding her breath as she tip toed on the rocks until Samantha felt her insides clench for air.

The dragons seemed to be doing their job until the Swedish Short Snout got smart and used its fire breath to obliterate the dragons. The rock turned into ash and flew onto the ground.

"Ooooh and the Swedish Short Snout destroys the smaller dragons! What else does Samantha have in store?"

Samantha sighed. She was barely halfway there and now back to square one. The dragon was a a little from the egg but not enough for Samantha to make a break for it and come out alive.

The dragon was by a much larger boulder that almost was the same size. She had to try and transfigure that. Maybe a larger dragon would produce a larger distraction.