9: Wolfie-McWolf

Amy Allisons POV

The wind whipped through my dark fur as I ran beside the laeger wolves. When I'm older, I'll get bigger, just like them. My wolf will grow with me, like every other werewolf, possibly not to much for Alyssa. If I had a small wolf I'd never shift again, but for some reason Alyssa loved her small size and bounded around after Rosie and Axel happily, tail wagging. She seems comfortable in her own fur, even if she's the shortest and weakest. Shaking my head playfully, I chased after France, who was practically glowing in late day sunlight.

A delicate snort caught my attention, my head whipping to the side to see Axel on his stomach, heeling for Alyssa. Shaking her fur, her tail went still as Axel comando crawled closer, ears back and his eyes peering up as his head lay between his paws. Tail thumping against the ground every so often as the other wolves trotted around them. Growling, I raced over only to be tacked to the ground by Darren who nipped playfully at my ear, his mates tail high in the air as she trotted around us. My eyes flashed to Axel and Alyssa, who was nudging his head for him to get up. But Axel let out a lazy noise and rolled on his back, showing her his belly, further into submission. My tail ticked from side to side as I weighed my options. Darren caught me off guard as Georgia joined in, her creme coloured wolf crashing into my side as we tumbled around. The Rough housing began, Alyssa sat off to the side, lying beside a fully alert Axel, while she groomed her fur. Axels eyes pinned on the group of wolves, ears pointed up as he watched on in interest, but still not leaving Alyssas side. I groaned internally, he didn't even look like he wanted to leave my Alyssa alone to come rough around with his friends. None of them seemed to ask him to join. Whenever Alyssa was around, she didn't like rough play, one on one that only involved running and nuzzle fights, she could handle. But her small frame was useless and fragile beneath the nearly fully grown wolves. So that meant Axel would sit aside to keep her company. I think he pays to much attention to Darren who goes on and on about the rouge attacks. Alpha Joeseph reassured the pack that rogues were not a threat but sometime, once or twice a year there were rouges coming across our tertiory.

Rosie howled to them as Darren lay in a submissive stance for his mate, lying on his stomach, hands in paws, like Axel was only a few moments ago.

Nipping at my ear, my gaze drifted to Georgia who was jumping on her front legs to gain my attention. What are you looking at? She asked.

Just Rosie and Darren. I peered over at her. Her fur was nearly a mustard yellow with big black patches across her face, neck and stomach. Mainly about how I want to be like them when I'm mated. Georgia laughed softly in response.

Wouldn't that be nice. She pondered. Let's go take advantage of Darren heeling. Grinning, we charged at Darren but he quickly rolled away and went back to trying to turn us onto our side with his massive body.

After a while of nipping and tail chasing, we headed back to Busy Burger. We all shifted back and got something to eat again talking.

Me being me, I tried to keep the focus on me, but of course everyone wanted to know about Alyssas "coming of age". Her sixteenth birthday. I didn't let it show, but I wanted my birthday to be now! So that not only would I be the talk of the pack, the new sixteen year old and her mate. Sighing dreamily, I imagined that I was the talk of the table instead of the red mess that was Alyssa. She couldn't form retorts to anything that was said or asked. Her face was beet red and she tried to hide behind her blonde hair. My friend was a total oblivious idiot sometimes.