Steps On The Road To Success

We all live a life which is filled with different actions which we perform from the morning to the night. Every action either in the personal, professional, social or financial sphere is filled with the energy of an intention or a pure desire that I have to achieve what I aspire or aim for. But things go wrong when the ambition starts becoming an obsession and it starts affecting our relationships, health and mind sometimes individually and sometimes all together. With some people, the desire to succeed is so immense and so obsessive that it tendsto influence their thoughts excessively. They lose interest in performing any action which takes them away from thisaim.

They say success for some comes at a price – a broken soul, a stressful mind, an unhealthy body and harmed relationships. For some, life is like a continuous challenge to be overcome. Challenges are good; they bring out the inner powers and help in tapping the hidden potential inside you. But at the same time, a life which eats, sleeps andbreathes challenges and goals is the wrong road to success. A main cause ofprofessional burn out at a young age is an obsession to achieve and dream big.This is even causing a lot of people to become severely depressive, unenthusiastic and disinterested after acertain period of time in their careers and family lives. Many people are takingto meditation and relaxation techniquesbecause they lost the balance at some time in their lives. They left the right road to success with the destination of success remaining away from them instead of coming towards them

Now lets focus on 8 different steps one needs to take on an emotional level so that success is achieved. At the same time it is a success without any of the side effects in the form of love lost in relationships and physical and mental illnesses.

Just for a minute stop what you are thinking and ask yourself is a goal or an achievement so significant that you do not mind losing some of the important relationships of your life. Also, what useis an achieved mission if in the process I suffer sleep disorders or my digestive system is weakened or I suffer from high blood pressure or diabetes? Also, I may even suffer from mental illnesses like depression or sometimes even end up attempting suicide. The same purpose of life can be achieved without losing mental peace, even if the achievement takes place at a date later than the one intended.

So, the first step on the road to success is revising your purpose to one that can be achieved at a slower speed than the speed we might see others working at. Of course, it’s needless to say that the wrong energy with which we are working that is giving us hurry and worry sickness is nothing but competition. Competition is not at all anun-required energy in mainstream society but when competition is accompanied by or mixed with comparisons, it becomes negative or self-harming. So compete, competition is healthy but do not compare, comparisons are unhealthy. Also, ensure that while moving towards the destination of success it is important toset smaller goals to be achieved insteadof targeting directly at the bigger cause.
This is important because this keeps us extremely light in our journey and keepsus on the road to success and does not let us become tired when the going getsdifficult at times. This is a way of unburdening oneself while travelling on the road to success which can be long at times.

Another important feature of a relaxed journey to success is satisfying people who are a part of the journey and not developing cold relations with them. Very often, people are so obsessed with work or professional targets that a 12 hour day at the workplace is a common practice with busy professionals with no time for their family members. This causes distancing and differences between them and also very often children and husbands or wives are affected negatively by this and remaining dissatisfied.

The road to success is filled with major changes which we as travelers on it need to be able to adapt to and face, without the changes affecting us negatively. There are people who are very weak at adapting to change because of lack of spiritual strength and the tendency to look at the changes negatively. It is said at the "Brahma Kumaris" that the one who moulds becomes real gold or valuable or in other words spiritually pure or powerful.

So, the ability to mould or the ability to change as per the different milestones one sees on the road to success is a spiritual power which we need to fill ourselves with. Also, as with traffic signals, what is required is the ability to stop on the road to success on passing certain signposts. These signposts convey to us that crossing them at that moment of time at the speed at which we are, will cause an accident in the form of an ill physical body or a broken relationship. Also, they may cause a stressful mind or a harmed professional or personal role which is being used to reach the destination of success in any sphere of life. This can bring the journeyto the destination of success to a stand still.

Another spiritual ability is the ability to inculcate new creative and constructive sanskaras as per the demands of what side-scenes are seen on the road to success. These side-scenes may sometimes be surprising for many. The type of sanskaras which may be required to be inculcated at that moment of time could be simple like remaining egoless or keeping love maintained with everyone. Also, avoiding the negatives of someone and also not spreading them, not getting frustrated or tired and remaining patient, not creating thoughts of failure and accepting each one’s role with ease. Some other sanskaras are emerging the power to discriminate between wrong and right or remaining economical in using resources like money, time and energy etc. Also, just like any other journey, sometimes it is also important not to get stuck in these side scenes. We need to ignore or let goof them and carry on with determinationon the road to success with our complete focus on the destination of success which our whole journey is dedicated to.

We need to learn few more things which we generally forget to notice, like,

To Check & Change

It is much easier to believe that it's snowing, than to experience the snow. If you just believe, you can stay inside, stay warm and avoid the cold. That's why people are led up the garden path by others beliefs. It's easier and warmer.
And all this 'believing stuff' starts in kindergarten. In the context of your spiritual or personal growth, believe nothing, experiment and test everything,in the laboratory of your own experience. Only then will you be able toseparate truth from falsehood, reality from illusion, and lead others with integrity.
Challenge and check at least one belief every day. And if it's found wanting, chuck it or change it. Challenge, check, then chuck or change, now that's a master at work.

We need to Learn STOP!

An inner power needed to make accurate decisions is the power to tolerate. Tolerance is not about having to put up with or endure. It's about respect for difference. It is about being able to appreciate diversity,the beauty in that diversity and difference. We need confidence to allow others to do what they are doing. Rigidity is a sign of lack of self-confidence and self-respect.

It is better to have peace with someone than to have 100 percent perfection and tension. The quality of interaction comes from our ability to stop (that is not to be affected or influenced by what the other is doing).
When I learn to stop, then I become more perceptive of the situation and am able to do make the right decision.

And more over all we need to accquire an State of Inwardness

When we are living from our inner self, it means that we are focusing our attention on the internal and when we observe the external world around us, we do not get lost, threatened or frightened by the events. We remain stable and experience the feeling of security and tranquility.
The biggest obstacle to Inwardness is living in our senses - organs of sight, hearing and eating. We lose sight of our inner being. We look at things with feelings of desire, greed, anger, attachment or arrogance. We hear indecent or degrading talk. We utter harsh words or get addicted to the pleasures of the palate.
Living in the outward is living far away from the state of inwardness, the consciousness that brings us serenity, happiness and peace.