Shrine

I can feel the others anxiety. If it rains then we will be stuck at the shrine. But Maho was having the time of her life.

The weather was getting uglier and windier. We continued on the road and finally came upon a long stair leading up to the Kamishikimi Kumanoimasu Shrine and more pagoda statues along side the stairs. But there was no sign of rain, yet.

"Maho, we're not really going up there, are we?" Junpei was discourage going up the long stairway.

"We can still turn back before it rain," Daisuke also agreed with Junpei.

"We're already here, so let's go!" Maho started whining, "what if it starts raining in the middle of our hike back? At least we can take a bit of shelter in the shrine."

"It'll be nice to see the shrine since we're here. If it does pour before we leave here, than we can at least take shelter," I helped Maho in convincing Daisuke and Junpei.

"We have some snacks, too," Hanae cheerfully held up the snacks, "at least we won't be too hungry until we get back later."

The guys gave up and we went up the stairs toward the Shrine.

It seems like an eternity going up, and breathtakingly green that's very hypnotizing.

"haa, haa... haa.. We made.. haa, haa.. it.." We were all out of breath when we arrived at the top, except for Maho who still have the energy to take pictures.

"She's.. haa, haa.. not human.." Daisuke wheezing between breathes.

Hanae and I started laughing out loud, still catching our breathes.

Junpei sat on the ground ready to gave up on life.

It wasn't long after we arrived at the shrine that it started raining. We took sheltered inside the shrine. It was a bit small, but it helped us stay dry. The rain stopped after a short period of time.

"Let's look around before we head back to the cabin," Maho held out her camera, "I want some pictures first."

"Fine, but please make it quick," Daisuke sounded half dead, but agreed anyway.

I slowly walked towards the back of the shrine taking pictures. I was enchanted by the beauty of the shrine surrounded by nothing, but nature. I stopped and lowered my camrea when I saw a small dirt road path leading deep into the forest. My mind was blank as I stared into nothing, and I could hear my own heart beating loudly in my chest as my breath was gradually getting faster by the sight.

"(Y/N)?" I jumped and turned around to find Daisuke staring at me, "are you alright? I called out multiple times." He's scratching his head sheepishly.

"Yes, I'm fine." I managed to respond with a slight smile.

"Lets go down that path!" Maho suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Daisuke and I was scared half to death at the sight of her.

"Maho, please, don't do that!" Daisuke was the first to respond, patting his chest to calm down, and I found myself laughing.

Hanae and Junpei decided to stay behind since they're tired. Maho, Daisuke and I decided to go instead.

"Don't come back too late!" We can hear Hanae yelled after us.

We wave her a hand, and went to explore behind the shrine.

I wander what is this feeling that I'm feeling? It's strange, and makes me unsettle.