22: Friendships

Rin's P.O.V

The conclusion of the court case for me weighed heavily on my mind. Right now I was spending my last day alive with Hayley, Emma, and Marcie. They were talking normaly, but I knew they were all sad that we would be split up. After all this time together, we were never going to see each other again.

"I'm being sent home in Flordia." Marcie announced.

"I'm being sent with my family in Maine." Hayley added.

"I'm going to Australia for another asylum." Emma told us. I was silent and they all began to look at me. I looked up a little and then looked back down in sadness. None of them knew what was going to happen to me and part of me wanted to keep it that way. Although I wanted to keep it a secret, part of me said they weren't going to let me go without a fight.

"Rin. Where are you going?" Hayley asked.

"Hell." I answered back. "I'm going to hell." My voice cracked at the end of that sentence. I didn't think that I was going to get all worked up after all of that, but tears stung my eyes. "They are going to execute me in front of the whole world on T.V." I cried covering my eyes.

"Rin I -"

"They are going to show it on the news for everyone to see."

"How are they going to do it?" Marcie asked.

"Hanging. At sundown tonight." I told them with a sniff.

"We only have two hours." Hayley pointed out.

"What do you want to do?" Marcie asked. I looked up trying to think of something. I knew what I wanted, but there was no wasy way to ask this of my friends.

"I want to make a headstone for me. With you guys helping me." I told them with a sad smile, and that is exactly what we did. We got a piece of a small wood slab and wood burned my name, the dates of birth and death, and a little message. It read, Life is short but friendships last forever. It made me tear up just reading it. At the bottom of the peice of wood was a golden picture frame cover attached to the wood with a picture of all of us. I had gotton a picture printed of us just now as we all took a picture in front of a tree.

By the time the headstone was all finished up there were cops with dogs coming up behind me. I looked down sadly and stood. My three friends gave me one last hug before I was lead up a large hill outside of the town where I will be hanged for my crimes.

There was a huge crowd cheering as I was brought up to the hanging ledge. Handcuffs were latched on my hands and I had a cop behind me, in front of me, and on both sides of me. That way there is no possible way that I could get away or kill anyone with this many cops at my side. They all had attack dogs too so it made it ten times worse. I can't outrun the dogs.

In the crowd I spotted Emma, Marcie, and Hayley right away. It's nice of them to show up to my execution even if it was obviously going to be hard for them to watch. Thoughts of them crossed through my mind all the way up to the ledge as they put the rope around my neck.

I could barely breath because of the fear that welled in my throat. I couldn't see out of my branded eye, and the cuffs on my wrists were tight making me sore. This was way to sad to see everyone want to see my end, but I can't blame them. If anyone ever killed Emma, Marcie, or Hayley I would love to see their execution. How could I let myself get ruined like this.

"Anything you want to say?" The executioner asked me. I had to think about it for a moment. Then I got it. I knew what I wanted to say.

"Emma, Hayley, and Marcie are the only regrets I had. Making friends was the worst thing I could possibly do. Now they have to bear the pain of my death, but thank you all. You showed me just how important it is to survive my sins. Never split up. Even if you are a million miles away, stay in contact. I love you all even more then I would ever love my own family." I said. Emma, Hayley, and Marcie all had tears in their eyes, and they all hugged each other.

"A touching speech, but now you meet your end." He said holding his hand on the lever. As he yanked down on it I heard the wheels and gears turn as the trapdoor snapped open and I fell. A quick pain shot threw my neck and then blackness overcame me. My dead body swung on the rope as everyone cheered. Emma, Hayley and Marcie screamed and cried.

*Time Skip*
*Ten Years Later*

Emma's P.O.V

I walked with a handful of colorful flowers in my hand. The warm spring air felt nice on my face as I walked up the steep grassy hill just slightly out of town. It was a beautiful spot, but also a dreadful place in the minds of my friends and I. It was the same hill that Rin Nakamura breathed her final breath.

At sundown on April 3 every year I come to her last living spot and place flowers at her tombstone. It's the same one that I made with the group as one of our final activities together. The carved wooden piece of wood still stood there sticking up in the ground with a frame of Rin and the rest of us on that last day. I loved that picture despite the reason we really took it.

I reached the top of the hill and found two other bunches of flower with two people. The burnet and the red hair stuck out like no other and I smiled. After all this time, Hayley and Marcie still came here with me at the same time every year to morn the death of our friend. They turned and I hugged both of them. They were older now just like me, but they still looked nice. We all went down on our knees a prayed t the headstone that we made when we were just some teens in an asylum.

"Rin will live on in the hearts of her friends, for life is short, but friendships last forever." I prayed.

-------------------
That is the very end of the book. I am so sorry for the sad ending, please comment and let me know what you thought about the book. It's all done now, see you all sometime in a future book or in other places that I might possibly see you all again. Thanks for following the story.

Word Count: 1181