(4) That's when you use your fast pass bitch.

Primrose's POV

I feel my heart drop, but Lilac pulls me towards the exit. "Hurry, or else she might ground you until you die!" She shouts.

We'll get it back! But right now, we have to get to your room. I quickly hop into Lilac's car, and we drive back.

When we get to the house, I see Cassy and her friends pulled up in the driveway. "Don't get caught," Lilac says, parking near the back of the house. I laugh and rush out of the car.

I run into my shed/room and take off my shoes and mask. I shove them under my bed and get into bed. I quickly put my hair into a bun and make it look like I'm sleeping.

I hear Esme unlock the patio door and shout, "Primrose!"

I quickly open my door and hide my appearance. "What?" I shout back.

"Clean the garage in the morning!" She shouts, shutting the door. I relax and grab my phone. I FaceTime Lilac, and she answers.

"You survived!" She says.

"You dropped me off just in time," I say, heading to my bathroom.

"So, what did you think of the dance? I saw you killing the dance floor with that guy." She says.

I start taking off my makeup and ask, "Did you not see him take off his mask?"

"No. I was too busy flirting with this guy. He seemed cute." She says.

"Because half his face is covered," I say, washing my face. "But I danced with Alex."

Lilac freezes, and I grab my phone. "Hello?" I ask.

"Alex King? How was it? Did he fall in love with you?" She asks excitedly.

I laugh and say, "It was just a dance. But he was a good partner."

"I'm sorry I pulled you away. I could have stalled while you guys were getting to know each other." She says.

I smile and say, "It wasn't that big of a deal. I'm thankful you got me here in time. Getting my computer and phone taken away is the worst."

"Now that I think about it, you and Alex make a cute couple." She says, smiling.

I roll my eyes and say, "I'm good. I'm sure he has a long line of girls who want to date him. Not interested in getting in line."

I change out of my dress and hide it in the very back of my closet. Once I'm in my pajamas, I hear Lilac say, "That's when you use your fast pass bitch."

I laugh and say, "Fuck you. I'm not interested in a singer who needs auto-tune to sound good."

"His songs are pretty catchy, though." She says.

"Sure, I'll give him that," I say.

"I have to go to bed cause I have another shift tomorrow. But thank you for letting me experience this as a senior." I say.

"That's what best friends do. I'll see you Monday." She says, hanging up.

I slip into my bed, holding my wrist. My parents would have loved to see me get ready for the dance. Dad would have probably teared up. I smile and fall asleep, dreaming about my parents.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Lilac picks me up and squeals when I get in. "Why are you so awake on a Monday?" I ask.

"You should check Alex's Instagram." She says, driving.

I looked him up and checked his recent post. I skim-read it and gasped. "He actually wants to find the person he danced with?" I ask.