Chapter 26 - Waiting For Spider-Man (Bonus)

1 Year later

(Annabelle's POV)

Our wedding anniversary had passed just a few days ago. It's funny how a year had already gone by. Peter and I were as happy as we could be. There had been no major attacks on the city, no deaths in our family. There wasn't much else we could ask for. Our only plan was to spend the rest of our lives together, nothing too big for us. Whether or not we would have a few surprises or not would be decided in the future. For now it was just Peter and I. And that was ok.

Ok well we did get a dog, a cute little beagle puppy named Lulu. Peter had surprised me with her as an early anniversary present. She was the cutest thing ever. Peter said she was the guard dog for while he was out protecting the city. Though I don't think this puppy is quite ready to be a guard dog just yet. She is great company to have though when Peter is out on patrol. I used to get really lonely while he was gone.

Speaking of patrols, Peter was actually getting ready to leave on one now. That left me and Lulu on the couch, watching Criminal Minds.

"Why can't I date Matthew Gray Gubler?" I asked as said man appeared on the screen. I was only joking but he certainly wasn't bad looking.

"You're married to me." Peter answered as he walked by the door way. He reappeared a second later in his spider suit, save for the mask. He leaned on the doorway and gave me a look.

"I might have to reconsider that decision. Matthew is handsome." I giggled as Peter rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." Peter walked over to me and leaned down so he could block my view of the TV. "Don't go running off with whatever his name is while I'm out protecting the city." He said and kissed me.

"I wouldn't dream of leaving you. I'll be sitting here waiting for you to come home." I reassured him and Lulu barked. "We both will." I laughed. Peter scratched Lulu's head.

"You keep an eye on her, that's why I adopted you, remember that?" He asked the dog before he slipped on his mask and opened the window.

"Will there ever be a day where you use the door?" I asked as he started to climb out.

"The day you glue these windows shut, sure I'll use the door." Peter joked.

"Noted." I commented and Peter frowned.

"I wasn't trying to give you any ideas." He pointed out and I just shrugged and smiled innocently at him. He shook his head and hopped out the window, closing it behind himself. I turned up the TV volume and pulled Lulu closer to me.

———

We got through two more episodes before I decided to get ready for bed. Lulu, of course beat me to the bed and was already curled up in Peter's spot. She knew her time in that spot was limited until he would come home and move her to the end of the bed. I walked over to the bed and sat down. Just as I got comfy a knock sounded at the window. I shook my head but smiled. It's like he knew I was about to go to bed. I stood up and walked over to the window and opened it.

"Well hello there, Spidey." I laughed. "What are you doing here?"

"I was swinging through the neighborhood and thought I'd see how my favorite girl is doing." He explained. Lulu barked at him. "Girls, sorry, Lulu." I laughed. "Is she in my spot?"

"I'm fine, thank you and yes she is." I answered and pulled his mask off so I could see his face. I leaned forward and kissed him and like always he kissed back. "That never gets old." I sighed and kissed him again but our kiss was interrupted by police sirens in the distance. Peter pulled away.

"That's my cue." He took his mask from my hand and placed a kiss on my cheek. "I'll be home in a few hours."

"Stay safe." I smiled and closed the window after he had swung away. I made my way back over to the bed and laid down, Lulu curling up at my side. I continued to do what I did almost every night, waiting for spider-man...no...

Waiting for Peter Parker.

The End

Seriously this is actually the end this time.