Chapter 22: Going to Bed

"BROTHER! THERE YOU ARE! I WAS ABOUT TO GO OUT THERE AND SEARCH FOR YOU MYSELF!" Papyrus exclaimed, his hands placed on his hips in a scolding manner.

"grillbz didn't wanna wake up, so i may have took a little long waking him up" Sans explained, only to let out a yawn afterwards.

"You should go to bed. You can't forget the fact that your magic is still low, and your painkillers' effect is going to dissipate in a while. Your shoulders and wrists are going to hurt a lot." Grillby recommended, leaning down and kissing Sans' forehead.

"thanks grill. but there's a few things i still need to do. i can handle it for a while" Sans assured, taking a deep, long breath afterwards.

With all the hesitation in the world, Grillby allowed Sans to stay awake for as long as he needed with a short, "ok".

"thanks" Sans thanked leaning in closer to Grillby's face for a kiss.

"BROTHER! CAN YOU READ ME A BED TIME STORY!?" Papyrus chimed in, interrupting the kiss and completely obliterating the moment.

Sans and Grillby separated from each other and tensed up a bit.

"sure" Sans replied with a shrug.

Papyrus let out a happy squeal and ran to the direction to his room.

"COME ON YOU LAZYBONES!" he hurried, stoping at the top of the stairs.

"coming bro" Sans responded as he then began his way up the stairs very slowly.

"OKAY! I'LL GO CHANGE NOW." Papyrus asserted before finally entering his room and locking himself up in his closet.

Stoping halfway up the stairs, Sans turned back downstairs and looked down at Grillby with a puzzled expression.

"aren't you coming, babe? i'm not leaving you all alone here. i can read you a bedtime story too~" Sans said.

"Are you sure your brother won't be... bothered by my presence?" Grillby asked.

"grillby, there's nothing to be worried about. come on, it'll be good for the three of us to spend some time together to know each other." Sans beamed.

Grillby looked down doubtful but then smiled and looked up at Sans with a bright, shy expression.

"Yeah. Let's go" he squeaked.

"You're adorable" Sans chuckled, putting his hand up for Grillby to grab a hold of it.

Almost instinctively, Grillby did took it and followed his beloved upstairs gleefully.

By the time they entered the room, Papyrus was just getting out of his closet, fully changed into his pijamas, a light orange T-shirt and red sweatpants.

"OH THERE YOU ARE, SANS. OH! YOU BROUGHT GRILLBY ALONG... THAT'S GREAT!" Papyrus said, jumping into his comfy, red race car bed.

"yeah. what book do you want me to read for you two?" Sans asked, looking through the bookshelf in search of a good book to read.

"OOH! OOH! I KNOW! PEEK-A-BOO WITH FLUFFY BUNNY!" Papyrus enthusiastically shouted out loud.

"what about you grillbz?" Sans questioned.

"Oh! Me!? I um... I'm fine with anything, really..." Grillby assured.

"come on grillby..."

"Alright..." Grillby sighed.

"Any mystery or... romance will be good by me~"

"now that's better"

"W-WAIT! ARE WE NOT READING PEEK-A-BOO WITH FLUFFY BUNNY ANYMORE!?" Papyrus blurted with an astonished look in his eyes.