Chapter 8- It's a Twin Thing

I tapped my foot impatiently on the floor and wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans. 

"So you gunna tell us how to do it or not?" I asked the Weasley after our 20 minute conversation about all the times they has pranked Filch the caretaker. They were now just sitting silently and smiling at the memory.

I'd figured out who was who by now of course. It was a feat on my part, I thought. Judging by King's cross, not even their mother could tell them apart. The twins snapped out of their happy memories of pranking, and George shot me an annoyed look, but they nodded.

"Well..." said Fred

"First of all," said George

"You have to be able to read each other," they said together.

I snorted. I glanced at Harry, who was looking at the Weasley twins as if they had each grown a second head. Fred and George seemed oblivious of how ridiculous they sounded, and it made it all the more funny.

"You guys sound like two marriage counselors," I muttered, shifting in the heat in front of the fire. "In order to save you marriage, you must be able to read each other."

"Shut up and do it," said George, biting back a smile.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, deciding to go along with their shenanigan for the laugh. "I can read his emotions. Right now, he's really annoyed at how me because he would rather be elsewhere."

Harry shot me a glare. I had made that up, of course, but apparently I was spot on according to the blush creeping up Harry's face. I smirked at him and waved it off. The twins, unoffended, grinned.

"That's really good," said Fred looking genuinely impressed.

"Yeah, that took us a while to learn," said George.

I looked at them quizzically, and in disbelief. They were the most connected twins I'd ever met, besides Harry and myself. But when a smirk began to grow on each of their faces, I shook my head with a grin.

"SIKE!!!" They yelled.

I glared jokingly and laughed. Harry rolled his eyes again, but was now wearing a smile on his face. He leaned back against one of the couches, and it looked like he was becoming more comfortable in the situation. He pulled his iPod out of his pocket and checked the time.

"Woah what is that," Fred asked in amazement, snatching Harry's iPod out of his hand and staring at it in amazement. He tried, unsuccessfully, to get the screen to come on again.

"That's another story for another time," I replied for Harry, grabbing the iPod from Fred and handing it back to Harry. "Muggle device."

"Well, you've basically got it. If you can just learn to kind of... read his thoughts then you could probably do it already," said George, going back to the topic at hand.

"Okay," said Harry, still wanting to go lie down and probably play games on his iPod.

"Well..." egged Fred.

"What?" I questioned, raising one eyebrow and sending Fred a questing look.

"Try it!" The pair yelled.

"I'd rather not," I said, having been taken Fred and George's entire 'lesson' as a joke.

"I would like to go lie down however," Harry added, glancing toward the staircase to his dormitory.

"Can we be going?" Harry and I , completely coincidentally, said in unison. I grinned.

Fred and George looked really impressed, and they shot each other glances. They continued to look at one and other, and then back at us. George let out a defeated sigh.