Chapter 43

Elizabeth's POV

Be proud of me, I made it through my first lecture in college. It was amazing! I woke up at 9 a.m because my lecture started at 10 a.m and I met Rose again. I thought she left for Alabama but then she couldn't leave her city so she decided to attend the same college as me but we had different schedule since she wants to be a nurse.

Today I even made a new friend, a new guy friend who is totally nice and friendly and totally gay. Yeah, he is gay but I don't mind at all. I always wanted a gay as friend. I mean, who doesn't?

Right now I had some time to spare since my next lecture is in a few hours. I promised to have lunch with Rose so I started to make my way out of the campus when suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the ID and it showed Andrew's name. He is the new gay friend.

"Hello." I answered.

"Hey gurl. Where tha heck are you?!" he yelled through the phone.

"Damn, calm your tits. I was about to leave."

"And leave me here all alone?! Bitch not with me." he said.

"What should I do? Bringing you with me?" I asked.

"Well that would be nice."

"I knew it. Meet me at the cafe in front of the building." I said and playfully rolled my eyes on him.

"Yeah, sure." he said before he hung up.

No manners.

But I still like him.

I arrived at the cafe and saw Rosie already waiting for me.

"Sorry for being late. I hope you won't mind me bringing a friend." I said as we entered the cafe and searched for a table.

"Not at all. Who is it anyways?" she asked.

I was about to answer when suddenly someone called me.

"Eliza!" I turned around only to see Andrew coming our way.

"Him." I said and moved over so thag he could sit next to me.

"Wait- him? A boy? THAT handsome boy who is coming over here?!" she whispered/yelled.

"Yeah." I just said and laughed at her reaction.

Andrew sat beside me.

"Andrew, that's Rose, we went to the same highschool. Rose, this is Andrew." I introduced them.

"Hi." Rosie said shyly.

Oh not her too.

I looked at Andrew and nudge him while giving him the 'you-better-tell-her' look.

"Don't be so shy around me. I am also a girl in heart." he said.

Rose looked at him confused before it turned into a shocking face and then a smile made it's way to her face.

"Finally! I found a gay friend!" she yelled ignoring all the stares we get as she danced.

"Why am I friends with her again?" I asked Andrew.

"Hell, if I knew that but you have similar reactions." he said and laughed.

We ordered our food and had a nice conversation. They both understood really good. Everything was fine until Rose asked me something which made my mood a bit...sad.

"By the way, how is Blake doing?" she asked as she stuffed another spoon of her food in her mouth.

I slowly looked at my plate, not feeling like talking about it. Seems like they knew something was up.

"Who is Blake?" Andrew asked.

"Her boyfriend." Rose answered for me.

She then turned to me.

"Did something happen between you guys?" she asked carefully.

"...When I first called him, some girl answered his phone. After that I tried to call him again and again but he wouldn't answer it or would say he is too busy and would hung up again...I haven't spoken to him since 3 days because I didn't wanted to be the one who always calls him..." I explained.

"Wait, so you guys practically haven't spoken since he left? What the heck is that for a boyfriend?!" Rosie asked in disbelief while clenching her cup.

"Calm down, gurl, that cup didn't do anything wrong.." Andrew said slowly but Rose only glared at him making him shut up.

"Anyways, call him and let me speak to that jerk." Rose said.

"No, I am not gonna do that. I am sure he will call me soon. I just have to wait." I said calmly.

"You are just too kind." Andrew said.

"Whatever, just tell me and I am gonna kick his ass." Rose said and took a sip of her drink.

-----

I was finished for today and started heading home. It was almost 6 p.m as I had arrived home. My brother was obviously not here and my parents had a meeting and won't be returning home until midnight.

I wasn't hungry since I ate a lot during lunch so I went straight to my bedroom. I sat down on my bed and took out my phone only to see that I have a missed call from Blake.
A smile made its way on my face as I called him back. After the fourth ring he finally answered.

"Blake!!" I almost yelled trying to sound normal.

"Ouch, hey Lizy, no need to make me deaf, I still need my ear." he said and chuckled lightly.

He was acting completely normal, as if nothing has happened...was I the only one who got hurt by it?

"I'm sorry, I am just so happy to hear your voice." I said.

"Oh is my darling already missing me over there?"

I could already imagine him having a smirk on while he said that. He didn't change at all.

"No, not really." I said with a smirk.

"I can hear the lie from it, Lizy~" he teased and I only laughed.

"How has been college for you?" I asked.

"Good but I am so tired. It's hard to balance studies and sports career." he said and sighed.

"Don't worry, you will be fine. I'm cheering for you from here." I said with a smile.

"Of course I know that. I'm-"

"Blake, we have to go!" a voice suddenly interrupted.

"Oh shit, right. I have to go now, babe. I will call later. Bye."

I couldn't even say bye before he hung up. However, that voice....

Wasn't that the voice of a girl?