Chapter 9- Friends, Enemies, Brothers and... Pets?

I walked into my common room and I went to flop down on the couch but stopped when I realized a boy was already there. So instead I awkwardly sit down on the other side of the couch. The boy was the one that looked familiar to me, and I knew his name from the sorting to be Neil Walter. I didn't dare mention it to him.

I studied him intently from my own side of the couch. Neil had short brown hair and brown eyes to match. He looked to be about the same height as me which is around 4'4''. He looked over and caught my eye, and he smiled.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hi," I said, slightly embarrassed to be caught staring.

"Neil. Neil Walter," he held out his hand for me to shake.

"Melody Potter. But don't call me Melody, I go by Lily," I said shaking his hand.

Neil chuckled. "So you're the famous Melody Lily Potter."

"In the flesh," I said smirking.

He laughed and we talked for a bit, getting to know each other. The itching sense of familiarity was ever present, and yet I still hadn't figured out where I knew Neil Walter from. Maybe he only looked like someone I knew? Maybe even someone from one of Dudley's TV shows.

"So, where is the famous Lily Potter from?" Neil asked with a smile.

"Little Whinging, Surrey," I said with a shrug.

"Wait Little Whinging?" Neil said, his curiosity peaking. He sat forward in interest.

"Er... Yeah, why?" I said, slightly nervous.

"I live in Little Whinging!" Neil exclaimed happily.

"Really where so?" I asked, hoping to finally have a friend for the summer.

Not that Harry wasn't enough, but I could use another friend to spend time with, alongside Harry, in the summer. Though I wasn't sure how we'd get back and forth. Vernon would never drive us.

"Privet Drive, 9," he said excitedly.

"Privet Drive?! I live on 4 Privet Drive!" I said happily.

Of course. I'd seen Neil passing by on the streets with his mother sometimes. I'd seen him shortly before we'd left for Hogwarts. He was the one I'd felt compelled to hide my copy of Fantastic Beasts from.

"You live in a muggle town?" I asked him curiously.

"Yeah," he shrugged. "I'm half-blood which is why I'm really surprised I got sorted into Slytherin. I've got a witch mother and a muggle father."

"I'm a half blood as well,"I said remembering what Hagrid had told us. "Muggleborn mother and pureblood father."

He nodded. "Hey, we should hang out next summer. I haven't really got any friends back home. No other magic folk live around where we do."

"Thanks, Captain Obvious," I chuckled, and he gave me a light punch in the arm.

While we continued to talk, a girl walked down the stairs from the girls dormitory. She had long wavy black hair and bright blue eyes that really stand out against her black hair. The movement caught my immediate attention.

"You guys wanna quiet down a bit?!" She growled, but looked wide awake. She smirked and sat down beside us. "Name's Sadie. Sadie Bennett."

"Neil Walter."

"Lily Potter."

"Potter?" she asked curiously, her eyes flickering towards my forehead, where my scar was hidden beneath my bangs.