11| Chamber

I roamed through the Mafia underground, a growl at the back of my throat. Akutagawa was hiding in the prison cells for some reason, or so Chuuya had said to me, and I was determined to find him and set him straight.

Chuuya too was going to be heading down here as well and all the attention in the prison wasn't explained since I left too soon in our conversation upon finally knowing Akutagawa location. Even Moris important discussion would have to wait- I had my own matters to attend. And of course my ability would have to be put on hold, Kyoūka life was on the line, although it had truly made its persistent mark on my arm. It was numb and felt burnt on the inside as I grasp onto it, trying not to let signs of weakness slip.

But I had to do this for Kyoukā.

The Port Mafia prison cells were foul, and as soon as I arrived they were no fouler than my last arrival. Murals of blood were messily painted across the dusty walls and dirty floors, stained from our brutality. They were our decorations to distress our captive. Inside each cell was often groaning perpetrators, bodies with only flesh hanging onto weak bones or sometimes even the remains of humans after years and years from being neglected. You would often hear their yells and mourning from the floor above when the spaces are filled, their voices haunting the floor which was enough to put me off this hell hole. However, walking down here made my stomach on edge.

Candles burnt through the hallway on the walls, illuminating the dark a yellow hue. My feet tap in a staccato across the tiles, listening out for Autagawa above of the rustle of chains and painful groans. Recently, we didn't capture that many people since it was old fashioned for the Mafia; Nowdays, we mostly used our Gifts to swiftly conclude or problems. Inside these walls, we only had around fifteen prisoner. Or, as we call them, rats- all trapped between rusting bars and claustrophobic space of our own hands.

It interested me as to why Akutagawa was down here. The boy was ill enough and I believed he could catch another disease down here. What could have been so important?

If you proceeded further into the prison the larger cell rooms would come into sight. The rooms were unlit, and filled with tiny concrete walls, stacked in rows behind each other. Each side of the wall held manacles, were the wrist of our prey would hang, waiting to be executed or to rot. I wondered if he was here.

When I was two steps away from the larger cells, I could hear his guttural voice.

I became infuriated already and immediately walked down three steps from the cell where his voice was coming from. From the sound of my feet tapping, he turned around sharply, and I almost missed his movement. His attire made him blend with the shadows, only his pallor face and stoney dark eyes could be seen. His eyebrows furrowed with curiosity and I place my hands on my hip and raise an eyebrow in frustration as I come to a halt. He noticed immediately that I had a problem with him.

"What is it now?" He clipped a whisper, he was clearly angry at something.

"What do you think you're doing with Kyoukā?" I sternly ask.

"How did you even find me?" he snaps. He was definitely pissed over something, but I wasn't going to concern myself with his worries just yet.

"I'm the executive, I know these things." I wryly say, even though I had seen his plan by a complete coincidence. He sighed hoarsely, and then let out a quiet cough that echoed. I tried to view what was just beyond him, unfortunate I couldn't see what was behind him, only an abyss of black stood before me that blocked my view.

"What are you even doing here?" I ask, knowing that I couldn't find out by myself.

"Have you not seen already?" He says, walking closer to me. His eyes shot through mine, and I glanced behind him again.