Chapter 46: When The Time Comes, We Will See*

I bent down on one knee and grabbed the handcuffs from John and put them on West. Then, John and I pulled up West and dragged him outside. As I walked out, I saw many angry gang members that were guarded by FBI agents.

"Here, let me take him. He looks pretty heavy," Ace offered and I smiled.

"Thanks, I have an announcement to make," I said and walked over to a crate and climbed on top of it. John nodded and gestured me to proceed. This was the moment I have been waiting for all these years, to finally bring justice to everyone in this gang.

"Viper Gang! As of today, you are going to be dismantled and arrested in the name of the U.S. government, the FBI, and the NYCPD. You have the right to remain silent. If you do say anything, what you say can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult with a lawyer and have the lawyer present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you if you so desire," I said with great conviction. Honestly, I have been waiting for a long time to say that. I jumped down from the crate and signaled the agents and officers to bring everyone to the cars. I saw a ambulance and ran over to a nurse.

"How is my father?" I asked worriedly and she gave me a weak smile.

"He is stable, but he is losing a lot of blood. We are ready to transport him to a nearby hospital," the nurse said and I nodded.

"I will meet you at the hospital," I said and the nurse nodded.

"Max!" Ace shouted from the inside of the warehouse. I walked over to meet him and gave him another hug.

"Oh my god Ace, I am surprised that you were able to come along," I breathed and inhaled his familiar scent.

"Well I am very persistent," he said chuckling lightly. Silence fell among us for a while and I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"After all this crazy stuff is over, we need to have a serious talk," I said and Ace nodded.

"A much needed long talk," he replied.

***

"Oh lord Maxine, when will I stop getting calls from the hospital about you," Mom said as she ran over to hug me.

"Mom, this time I am not the one hurt. It's Dad," I muttered quickly and I immediately saw sadness take over her face.

"What about him honey? Don't you remember that he is a lying coward?" Mom asked and I smiled weakly.

"He did save my life," I whispered and her eyes widened.

"Are you Mr. Evans's wife?" the doctor asked and Mom nodded, "I would like to update you two about the status of Mr. Evans. When I ran some tests on him, I noticed signs of brainwash. Due to his current condition, he will be transported to a rehabilitation facility to help him return to his normal self."

"Thank you Doctor," Mom sniffed and I put my arm around her to comfort her.

"Thank you Doctor," I said and the Doctor smiled.

"Am I crazy if I think that your father can return back to his original self after he goes through rehab?" Mom asked and I nodded.

"I think he can work his way there, but he will never be the way he was before the supposed accident," I said truthfully, "Mom, why don't you go see him first? I will talk to the police officer." Mom nodded and was about to reach for the door, but she hesitated. As I walked over to the officer, I saw her slowly open the door and walk inside the room.

"Special Agent Evans, am I correct?" the officer asked and I nodded, "I am Officer Rooney and I am representing my captain."

"Nice to meet you Officer Rooney," I said.

"All the members of the gang are being processed at the station and since there is a lot of them, it is going to take a while, so I will keep you updated," Officer Rooney said and I nodded.

"There is more, am I correct?" I asked.

"Yes, it's about your father. Since he seems to be brainwashed, he is going to rehab, but he might still be put on trial for his crimes," Officer Rooney said and I sighed.

"Of course, Officer. Everyone that is associated with the gang has to be brought to justice," I stated and the Officer gave an approving nod.

"You are young Agent Evans, but I can definitely see that you are fit for this job," Officer Rooney said and I smiled.

"Thank you Officer, is it possible if I am present for all the trials?" I asked and Officer Rooney nodded.

"I will check with the judge and inform you of what she says," Officer Rooney said and I smiled.

"Thank you," I said.

"I will see you soon then Agent," he said before walking out of the hospital. I turned back and saw Mom waiting patiently for me.

"Your father wants to talk to you," Mom said and I nodded. I walked slowly into his room and saw him with his eyes closed.

"If you want to rest, I can always come back later," I said and my father chuckled.

"No, I am fine Maxine. I heard that I will still be put on trial," Father said and I nodded.

"Yeah, but due to your condition, you will be transported to rehab after the trial," I explained and he nodded.

"I am glad to go to rehab Maxine," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't want Macy, your mom, and you to see me this broken. I want to work towards being the father you guys deserve," he muttered and I took a deep breath.

"You might not be the same person as you were before, but you can be someone new Dad. We will wait as long as you need to get better and when you are, I know that we will all work together to become a family again," I said and Dad nodded. I actually found myself calling him Dad again because I am starting to see the real him.

"I don't understand how you can forgive me that easily," Dad said while chuckling lightly.

"Forgiving might take a while Dad, but I am giving you a second chance. For once, I feel less weight on my shoulders by not hating you," I explained and Dad agreed.

"I just want to be there on your wedding," he said softly and I was shocked.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't feel right walking you down the aisle Maxine, I just hope that you can let me there. I want to see my daughter walk down that aisle," Dad said trying not to get choked up.

"Well I have to get engaged first," I said lightly, "But when the time comes, we will see."

"We will see."

*********************************************

This was a pretty hard chapter to write you guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I did put a lot of work into writing this one for you guys. There will probably be only one more chapter and an epilogue before Endless Fighting comes to a close! Anyways, remember to...

Vote

Comment: What do you think Ace and Max are going to talk about?

Share

Follow

Episode: Endless Fighting by CPearl

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Have a great day/night fighters!

-C