Chapter 12- Severus Snape

I walked slowly out of the Gryffindor common room where I'd stopped to visit the Gryffies, and down towards the potions classroom, taking as much time as I could, dragging my feet across the ground and stumbling every once in a while.

My small owl flew beside me. The whole school knew her by now, including the teachers. She flew around the castle all day while I was in class.
Otherwise, she followed me, or sat on my shoulder. Word had gotten round that she was my owl, and her name was Stripes. Word got out fast around here.

"Lily! Wait up!" I turned to find Sadie running towards me.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked curiously, thankful for the delay.

"Nothing, I just wanted to walk you to your doom. Also I have to go this way anyway," she said, as we walked down the stairs from Gryffindor tower.

"Where you headed?"

"Detention as well. First day of classes and detention for me too."

"Really? With who?"

"Quirrell. He got me for hexing a Hufflepuff in the halls."

I snorted. "I wish I could say I was sorry."

"I do too." 

"We should snoop around the castle after," I said, changing the subject.

"Er- I probably won't be able to actually I have a ton of homework," Saide said.

"It's fine," I said as we neared the dungeons. "I guess this is where we split. See you later then."

"Alright, see you."

I continued my walk down into the dungeons slowly as possible. The temperature slowly dropped to the cool air I liked, and I sighed in content. I arrived at the door to the potions classroom and I knocked twice on the dark wooden door. The door swung open and I cautiously walked into the empty classroom which probably held doom.

"Professor?" I called, searching around for the potions master.

He came out from a back door and for once kept his mask on, so no surprised looks for once. Good. It was starting to get really awkward and weird.

"Ms. Potter, take a seat," he drawls in his usual monotone voice.

"What do I have to do?" I ask with a groan.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Well this is detention right?"

"No."

"See that's... wait what?" The unexpected statement hit me in the face like a brick. "So I'm not here to stub the floors clean with a toothbrush?"

"I wanted to answer your question Ms. Potter. Why I always look... Er-surprised when I see you," Snape says slowly, and with a scowl drawn across his face.

"Well..... okay," I say slowly the awkwardness in the air was slightly unnerving. I shuffled my feet across the floor and refused to meet the professors dark eyes.

"Now the reason I always look surprised when I see you is you're a carbon copy of your mother. Except for you're eyes. You have his eyes," he said.

I noticed instantly the hatred filled look that came over Snape when he mentioned my father, and I instantly knew we wouldn't be getting along too well. I would be loyal to my family no matter what. If Snape treating Harry like he did was bad, this is where I knew a line would be crossed.

I decided to ignore it for the given moment and go back to the topic at hand.

"Yeah I know, I'm told a lot," I brag slightly.

"Your mother and I, were very good friends," he said slowly.

I thought about him and my mother just hanging out by the black lake. It didn't work. I thought harder and an image of the two popped up in my head. Kid Snape and Kid Mom were sitting by the black lake just hanging out. I actually started to feel nauseous.

"So if I did this," I made my hair black. "Then what?"

"How-"

"Metomorphmagus," I'd cut him off.

"I don't know. You still look like her. You are your mother's daughter."

I shifted my hair back to the dark red it had always been, and turned back to the Professor.

"Well I er... how come you seem to dislike Harry so much?" I asked, nearly sure I knew the answer already.

"Same thing but opposite. Your father and I were arch enemies," he said looking slightly guilty. "Harry is the carbon copy of your father."

My dislike towards Snape was now leaning towards hatred, and I forced my eyes to stay the hazel they were, rather than bright red.

"Alright," I said, biting back the snap that tried to lace its way into my voice.

"Sure," he said, "Melody..."

"Lily," I growled, shooting a glare.

"Lily," he repeated. He opened his mouth to speak but he met my eyes and shook his head. 

I raised an eyebrow and huffed slightly. The room was silent for a while, and I stood there hiding my awkwardness and anger.

"Is that all then?" I asked.

"Yes Lily, that's all."

"Alrighty then!" I said happily. "I've gotta go to I don't know where but probably to see Harry but I have to go to the Gryffindor tower to do that and there's so many Gryffindors there and they're so Gryffindor-y," I said, suddenly very hyper at the thought of going to see my brother and the Weasley twins.

I could've sworn I'd heard Snape chuckle.

"Okay, Lily," I heard him whisper.

I dashed out of the potions classroom and shook my head. I started my journey back to the Gryffindor common room, replaying the awkward situation over in my head, when I noticed it was really quiet.

I groaned and headed back to the potions classroom to retrieve my small owl.

"I believe you forgot something," Snape said when I entered the room, gesturing to the owl on his desk.

"Yeah thanks, word get's round fast. Everyone knows she's mine," I smiled falsely.

Snape smiled! What has the world come to!

"That's true. See you tomorrow," he looked at me with mock sternness. "Don't be late for potions again."

"Damn, I'll try not to," I called as I walked out with Stripes on my shoulder.

"And no cussing in front of teachers!"

"Yes sir," I call.

I ran. Yes Snape was nice, but the situation was way too weird. I couldn't have him liking me, especially when he hated my father so much.

As I walked I decided next time I went in, I'd use my metomorphmagus powers to shift some of my features to look more like my fathers. That was bound to work. I smirked at the plan that had formulated.

I knew I had to talk to Harry about all this. I sped up slightly, running up at least 6 flights of staircases. Man, they really needed elevators in this place, even though the whole wizarding world was old fashioned. I felt like I was walking for hours when finally I realized there was only one more staircase until I reached the Gryffindor common room.

"Finally!" I exclaimed and took off in a run towards the common room.