Day 3

I took a deep breath before opening the doors and walking into the familiar prison.  Just the smell once I was inside brought me back to my old life, my life pre-Jason.  I slowly walked in, looking around and seeing there wasn't really any change.

"Oh my gosh, Katie!" I focused once again and saw Theresa coming over to me, her arms open.  She embraced me as I stood there with shock.  I almost forgot about Theresa after everything.  When she pulled away, she gave a big smile.  "I've never been so happy to see you!  I was so scared after I heard, and I just...I honestly can't believe you're standing here in front of me!"

I gave a light chuckle.  "Good to see you too," I finally got myself to speak.  "What exactly did you hear?"

"I heard that you were staying late and Jason and his gang kidnapped you, that you were being held hostage without a trace!"

"Well, I wouldn't exactly put it in those words but...I mean I guess that's what happened."

"So how are you?  How are you doing after being saved?" she asked me.

I looked off, hoping I could go back to my desk to check it out.   "Um...I'm fine.  Actually...is it alright if I go to my therapy room?" I looked back at Theresa.

She raised her eyebrows in surprise.  "Oh!  Of course but...are you sure?"

"Yeah, why?"

Theresa shook her had, shrugging as we started walking.  "I just...I don't know what you've been though or where your head is at right now so..." she found it hard to explain.

"It's fine, I'm fine.  Really, is that so hard to believe?" I asked, almost finding it comical how worried everyone was over me.

"I guess a little bit...I know I would be shaken up after a kidnapping, especially by a gang...especially by his gang!" she rambled as we came to a stop once we reached the room.  Theresa unlocked the door, letting me in.

I walked in and instantly memories flooded my mind.  The room itself was the same except for the few pieces that Jason had stolen for the room back at his house.  I walked to the spot I was when I was taken, standing there for a moment as I remembered when it happened.  I knew something was wrong, and I had never been so scared in my life.

Theresa stayed in the doorway, but spoke up.  "There was a small robbery while you were gone, but not much was taken other than some pictures, a couple files,..."

"And my notebook," I finished, walking over to the desk in the center.  I looked back at Theresa who stood there, confused.  "Jason stole them," I answered the question I knew she was thinking.

She furrowed her eyebrows.  "Why would he steal those things?"

I looked away before answering, knowing it was odd.  "He gave them to me."

There was silence, Theresa probably even more confused and shocked.  I walked to my chair, slowly sitting down.  I could picture Jason sitting across from me, all the strange feelings he gave me.  How odd our sessions were, but how much I enjoyed them.  I then remembered being in this room at his house, and how close we were to having the sessions back.  We were so close...

"Close to what?"

I snapped out of it, looking at Theresa.  "What?"

"You said you were so close.  Or, "we" actually," she said, making me realize I had said that aloud.

I closed my eyes, trying to think of an excuse but figuring it wouldn't be worth it.  "Nothing, it was nothing."

"If you're uncomfortable..." she started, but I shook my head and cut her off.

"I'm not.  I'm just...reminiscing."

She hesitated before speaking again.  "Well...is there anything you want me to do?"

I thought for a moment before replying, "Actually...is it okay if I just...sit in here?  For a bit?"

Theresa raised her eyebrows, but nodded.  "Sure, I'll just tell everyone so they know.  Anything else?"

I shook my head.  "No, that's it.  Thank you."

Theresa gave a grin before leaving.  I just sat there, sitting up a bit and thought of these days.  When I first met Jason, when things were simple...and then even the last couple days at Jason's house when I was happy.