I'm Sorry

Finian's POV

The headless corpse lays uncomfortably on the floor, blood seeping into the grout in between the grey tile. The ceiling still raining blood from above, my demon's mouth opens trying to catch the drops before they hit the floor. He's bathed in blood, bloated on a taken life.

"What was that?" Grey looking at the head that no longer see's.

"The Southern healer." My words leaving a slight cold shiver running up my spine. Thomas entering the room with several wolves I don't know. Grey taking a step in front of me, baring his teeth at all of them. My own teeth showing while my hands pull Victoria in closer to my chest, holding her safely in my arms.

"Thomas round up some wolves, have them clean this mess up. No one's to come upstairs if anyone does, they meet the same fate." Turning from the group without waiting for an answer, he'll listen and guaranteed he'll make everyone else listen to him.

"Do you need help with her Fin?" Grey looking at Victoria in my arms, covered in the healer's blood, my own body drenched.

"No, I can take care of my own." Turning from him, what I need to do is get the both of us cleaned up and lay her down. Walking up the stairs passing Meela's old room juvenile room, I can't help but look inside.

Still sleeping, content, snuggled in deep under the covers, just the tip of her nose and forehead visible as the sheets devour the rest of her.

Victoria doesn't even shift her body when I lay her down on the bathroom floor, taking my clothes off, her's following next. Making sure the water isn't too cold, picking her up once again, letting the blood wash out of our hair, our skin.

A deepI satisfaction coming over me, l never knew how satisfying Victoria sometimes can make me feel.

Drying the both of us takes some skill in holding her up, maneuvering the towel so it gets every inch of her dry respectfully.

Opening the door up, the warm steam billowing out casting Grey in a cloud of mist. He's quick to turn his back to our nakedness. A clearing of his throat as if something uncomfortable lodged inside it.

"If you need anything Fin just call me. I'll come right away. I'm going to sleep in the hallway tonight, no wolf will make it up here tonight." Already he's stripping his clothes off, before shifting into fur. The wolf approaching us very cautiously, before a gentle lick of Victoria's ankle a very small tremor is felt where my hands are holding her flesh. The wolf pulling away half in Meela's room, half out in the hallway before laying down. Head on his paws, tail curling around his body, he's our guard for tonight.

The wolf inside staring at his twin wolf in appreciation, he gives a small yip in the air, bringing a smile to my lips.

The next day has Victoria not waking up but Bryon is awake, yet moving very slow, he's not practiced enough to move his body in such a way not to give him to much pain. Everything cleaned up in the kitchen as if nothing ever happened, all I can smell is what's cooking on the stove. Joining the rest of wolves at my table now.

"You killed the South's only healer?" Bryon sipping on a coffee, no food in front of him.

"I have two more left." The demon picks this exact moment to appear,"you only have one, the other doesn't belong to you, she belongs to the Northern pack which you gave away, remember."

It's second nature talking of the North as my own, I don't even realize I do it unless someone points it out to me, looking at the demon, he smiles innocently back at me a soft blush on his cheeks.

"These were your Beta's, looking at the males and a few females gathered around, faces I don't know now mingling in with the faces I'm getting familiar with.