Velvet

Finian's POV

Meela's the soft light of a candle in a darkened room that casts everything in a delicate glow, I can't help but be drawn to her warmth.

Taking the offering of food from her hands, my knuckles graze across her cheek in thanks. The small gesture causing Meela to smile up at me, which pulls my own smile out.

"Thank you Meela this was nice." Her eyes are for Victoria now, looking at her, making sure she's alright.

"Thank you Meela that was nice." Victoria's whispered words barely are heard from a throat so tight with emotion that it's hard for her to speak.

"We just need a few minutes." Meela once again looking at Victoria who still has the bedsheets gripped tightly with her fists. Victoria's eyes now unfocused, head bending down slightly so her hair shields her from view.

A sympathetic look crosses her face before hard eyes turn on me before walking away. That female is the only other one besides Victoria that can get away with looking at me like that...as if this is all my fault.

Closing the door, turning the lock, I won't be interrupted again.

"Now, where were we?" Kneeling down once again between her knee's so her hair can't hide her face from me.

"I don't want you fighting with my brother. He's not going to back down from you anymore, Victoria." I have her full attention when I'm on my knees between her legs. Somehow this makes her feel comfortable, her eyes are Morning Glory Blue, emotions are level and even.

She has the most beautiful eyes.

Leaning into her, inhaling everything the moon has to offer. The electrical hum that arcs between our bodies is a reassuring pleasure that I'm on the right path.

The cake smells of chocolate buttery frosting, setting the cup of milk on the bedside table. The fork easily slips into the piece that has Victoria eyeing greedily. Taking the first bite, she has to learn I will alway eat first, then she can eat. It's about the education of learning new idea's, she needs to be able to adapt to this.

The taste of it brings enjoyment to me but it doesn't satisfy me the way the taste of Victoria does.

"Victoria, you need to try and really think things through before you go and challenge an Alpha from another territory, who, I might add has a pregnant mate." Taking another bite of the cake that she tracks to my mouth watching me chew it, swallowing it down. Taking the glass of cold milk, drinking half of it, letting her understand that I don't have to share with her, she's not the Alpha. I will share with her because I want to, not because have to.

"He could have killed you, it was his right. He could have hurt you very badly, taught you a hard lesson in submission." Taking another bite of cake, letting her understand that she is not in charge, I am and will always be.

"You would have like that if he killed me, is that why you didn't help? Maybe secretly hoping he would kill me, so your hands aren't dirty with my death." Shifting eyes becoming lighter her words flinging accusations at me.

I deserve that train of thought, I have given her my worst it's only fair she thinks the worst of me, now.

"Help you! You don't need my help. If I thought you needed help against Grey I would have stepped in, but you didn't." Ebb and flow of emotion on a female level.

"I knew Grey wouldn't kill or hurt you physically, he told me. he was just giving you a lesson in submission. What would happen if I jumped in? Alpha against Alpha. I don't want to fight Grey anymore. I gave him the Northern pack. I don't want it back." Her eyes go round in disbelief, with the knowledge I just granted her.