24

The managers plus me walk to a local grocery store to pick up the necessities. None of them had any idea how to grill according to Yachi. Mako grabs a handheld basket. "Oh no, honey," I gently push the basket back onto the stack and grab a rolling cart, "We have five teams of high school guys, we're gonna need a cart's worth of meat, not even counting the charcoal," She gulps.

I nod reassuringly, "Don't worry I already did the math," 

We all pick out fresh cut meats perfect for large masses. I pick up multi packs of skewers, spices, chopsticks, and tongs. And last but not least I carry three bags of charcoal to the register. We pay for the items and divide the baggage evenly, save the charcoal which I offered to carry.

Luckily it is not a long walk back to Shinzen. I hold two bags layered in several plastic bags in one hand and hold onto the last bag under my arm.

Meanwhile...

Fukurodani and Karasuno battle with each other on the court. Some of the Karasuno members notice the three girls absent from their usual spots on the bench. They don't think to hard if their managers are gone because they are usually taking care of things for them. However, their assistant coach who resides between Coach Ukai and Kiyoko is missing as well. Normally she would be furiously scribbling down notes and talking to Ukai but instead, Coach his flipping through her clipboard on his own.

Chihiro's POV

I help roll put several portable grills onto the lawn beside the gym. They distribute the charcoal and lighter fluid to each grill while I begin preparing the meat in the school's kitchen. 

Since no one will probably be in the kitchen besides me and maybe a few of the managers, I scroll through my music and choose a playlist and turn up the volume a bit. I tie my Karasuno jacket around my waist, exposing my white Karasuno t-shirt. I grab a large kitchen knife and slice open the sealed packs of beef after washing up.

I pick through the seasonings we bought and found the one I chose for beef exclusively. I place the meat on the cutting board and season them liberally. After the six pounds of beef I move to pork chops, then sausage, then literally a mountain of other meats.

I group them by type and set them aside. My ears perk up when I hear a nostalgic melody. I grin to myself after checking to see of anyone was around. Once I see the coast is clear I sing along quietly, checking to make sure no one is around every once in a while.

Don't leave me tongue tied

Let's stay up all night

I hum the guitar riffs and bob my head to the beat. I continue seasoning meat and organizing them. 

~~~

About an hour later, I finish seasoning and I begin making rice balls. I hear the door open and I perk up. The managers file in, "Need any help?" one of them offers.

"Sure, I finished seasoning and I'm doing rice balls now," I indicate the rice cooker. "We have more rice cookers y'know," Shinzen's manager chimes. "You do? Can we use them?" I turn to her as I set the timer. She nods, "Yeah I'll be right back!" she trots to the storeroom. A couple confused 'hm's' and I decide to see if she needs any help.

I trot to the doorway as Mako grabs onto a shelf and tries to hoist herself up. I notice the top of the tall shelf start to tip over and my eyes widen. "Watch out!" I yell as she falls off the shelf and onto the ground. She doesn't move as the shelf starts tipping towards her.

 I bound to the shelf and press my back against it to, keeping it from falling on her. I hear a couple appliances slide down. I then feel them pound into my back. Harsh, blunt pain greets my back. "Tch," I bite back a curse word as one falls onto my head from a taller shelf.  The back of my head becomes sticky. "M-Mako-san move!" I strain out as I push the shelf back into place. I see Yachi out of the corner of my eye grab Mako out of the way.

Third POV

The small girl grits her teeth in pain as she pushed the shelf back up. Blood leaks from the top back of her scalp down her neck as she strains to replace the metal shelf. "Chihiro!" Kiyoko exclaims, running to the girl currently placing her weight onto the wall, chest heaving. The girl shoots out a hand, "Give m-me a second," the third year stops in her tracks. Chihiro lets her arm fall to her side and pushes off the wall with the other.

She quickly takes Chihiro, one hand on her back, steadying her and sits her in a chair to closely inspect her head. The managers watch Kiyoko nervously. Kiyoko pushes back her once chocolate locks now black and clumped together. "I don't think we can treat this here. We need to take you to the ER," she shakes her head at the split in her scalp. "How's Mako?" she asks.

"Looks like just a sprain," Fukurodani's manager adds. She sat on the floor next to Mako who's looking at her bruising foot.  Yachi comes barreling over with tissues, "Are you okay?!" she yelps. Chihiro lets out a single breathy laugh. "Yeah, I'll be good," Kiyoko takes the tissues and presses it on her head. "Yachi-chan, can you get Takeda-sensei or Ukai-san? We need someone to drive her to the ER," she nods and heads off.

"I'm so sorry," Mako bows. Chihiro waves it off, "Don't worry about it. Not like I would let any of you get hurt like that," She starts to stand and Kiyoko starts trying to stop her. "I'll be fine as long as I walk slow," she shuffles towards the gym, hissing in pain internally.

~~~

Yachi stumbles across the edge of the gym to Karasuno's side. "Ukai-san! Takeda-san!" The two look in alarm, "What's wrong?" the latter asks. The blonde girl rests her hands on her knees and catches her breath. "Ch Chihiro-chan got hurt!" she exclaims. 

The team also heard her as well as the setter and ace of the opposing team, "What happened?" Ukai asks. Yachi stands up. "Only part I saw was one of the managers on the ground, unable to move and Chihiro holding a metal shelf from falling onto the manager. A kitchen appliance fell from one of the top shelves and hit her on the head," concerned looks wash over their faces.

"And Kiyoko-senpai looked at her head and said that we wouldn't be able to fix it here. The Shinzen manager got a sprain," she finishes. Ukai and Takeda make eye contact and nod before looking back up at her, "I'll drive you three to the nearest ER," he grabs a set of keys and strides towards the exit.