Uno

" Please. Stop. Im begging you." I whimpered while slowly backing up in the corner of the room. He stalked slowly while keeping the sinister smile on his face. I pathetically curled my self and cover my hands on my head. He grabbed it and yanked me to my feet. I struggled against his deadly grip but against my fragile body, it didnt do anything.

"I told you. Dont ever speak to that Mom of yours ever again!" He yelled on my face. I tried not to wince when I smelled the alcohol on his breath. "I wont do it again, Daddy. Please. It hurts." I begged him. He thankfully released his hold on me and I fell on the ground. Not long after, he took a hold on my hair and dragged me to my feet,again. I looked at his face and before I even try to speak, I felt him punch my stomach and I doubled over. I curled up to a ball when I felt him kick me. I just cried and stopped struggling. I waited till he got tired and leave me alone.

"Fucking bastard." He snorted. He gave one last blow on my stomach before heading out the door. I tried to get up and winced with every move. I went to the kitchen and got some ice for my eye. I looked at the clock and realized its late. I still have classes tomorrow. I made my way to my room and fixed the place. I lay on my bed and just wish that everything was just a dream.

"Happy Birthday to me." I greeted myself before I let the darkness consume me.

---

"Mr. Adams, Come and see me before you go home." Ms. Bouchard told me before I stepped out of her room. I nodded and made my way to my locker. I carefully lifted my arms because its still hurting from the last night's activities my Dad had found as a hobby.

"Im seriously curious on who is this person the Alpha has been talking about." Jaxon told his friends. He's in my grade.
"Yeah. This person is so dead. The Alpha looked seriously agitated when he came home last night." Shirley replied.

"It must have something to do with his mate." Aeron told them and his friends looked at him with wide, shocked faces. "What?" He asked them.
"He found his mate?!" Jazz whisper yelled in the group. "You got to be kidding me!"
"I dont know. I just assumed he has." Answered Aeron. "You know how the Alpha has been seeking for his mate and maybe. Just maybe. When he found his mate, she's not what he has been expecting. That makes everyone on his situation react the way he is. "
" Makes sense." Shirley agreed.

The students rushed outside and I waited for them till I think its got enough space to walk. I made my way to the Faculty Office and looked for Ms. Bouchard. She waved at me when she saw me and told me to sit. I did as I was told and she started speaking.

" So, what do you say?" She asked me. I am still dumbstruck with her news.
"I... Uhm. I.. im speechless, Miss. I..- I mean , its not that good."

"It is! I love your essay. Its really inspiring and I would love it to be written in our year book this year." She smiled at me. I looked into her eyes and see the hope in them. I reluctantly agreed and I saw her smile wider. She's a very beautiful teacher. So young but very successful. "Thank you, Keith. Really." I smiled at her.
"Is..i-is there anything else you wanted to discuss, Miss?" I asked her.
"Ah. Thats all, Keith. You can go." I stood up and was about to turn when I heard her say "Thank you" for the second time. I looked at her, gave her a smile and made my way out the door. The day slowly dragged on and finally the ringing of the bell is heard. I really feel like it was a dream. It was just a regular essay and she found it inspiring. Just .. wow. To be told that what you wrote was inspiring was really good to hear. But to be said that it will be printed in the year book was just amazing. It may not mean anything to everyone but it is for me. I really feel so happy right now. Not even my Dad's beatings would make this feeling go away.

(draft: 27-05-'17)