Chapter Four: Dodgeball ✓

Ria's POV

It's Wednesday, nothing interesting happened yesterday. The dodgeball tournament is today and it was all everyone was talking about in the cafeteria. The guys and I were eating lunch and Brian and I casually make small talk now and then. And here I thought it would be another usual and calm day, nope.

A bunch girls walks to our table-I recognize one of them as the girl making out with my brother.

"You must be the girl, Clare was talking about." I assume the girl as the leader speaks. Ah, so the "female dog's" name is Clare? "You're the reason why they broke up. Wow, you must be a slut hogging this entire group. Do you bang with these boys one by one every night?" She continues.

"Excuse me? I do open something every night and it's books, not my legs. Unlike you. I don't even know you but I might've seen you in TV. Yeah, Animal Planet." I roll my eyes and ignored her. The guys looked at me surprised-except my brother who smirks at me.

"How dare you! You- You snake!", she irritated screams.

"I'm not your mirror. Though if I was, I'd rather shatter into pieces," I eat my fries and finish it off before standing up, to throw it in the trash.

"Where do you think you're going?" she grips my arm.

"To throw this is the trash can, but I see that the trash can already made it's way to me." I roughly take her hand off and placed the empty container of fries on her hand. I faked a smile and sat back down- again, with the guys amused with what I've done.

I hear an irritated huff from behind me and sounds of heels clicking as they walked away. I laugh to myself and the guys snap out of their gawking trance. I obviously wasn't going to take a beating from them, not in public anyways. 

"How- Randy, you're sister is amazing. I officially love her.", Julian grins. " As a friend," he follows up as my brother glares at him.

"Good job," Brian whispers beside me.

"Thanks," I look at him and smiled.

"I normally ignore her whenever she flirts," he states, as-a-matter-factly.

As soon as lunch was over we went to the locker rooms and changed into our gym attire. Mine was a white shirt with our school logo matched with black shorts that end mid-thigh and it was surprisingly comfortable, not too tight or too short. We head on over to the gym and the tournament was about to start. Coach group us into 4 teams, mixed-gender.

There were 10 students for each team. Randy and Cole were on team A, Brian and I were on team B, and Julian was on team D- until he so dramatically begged coach to swap places with someone in team A.

Then the tournament started. The first game was between team A and C. Randy and Cole were good at dodging and Julian was good at throwing the ball-needless to say they won.

It was our turn to play and I was having a bit of a hard time to throw the balls at anyone but was okay in dodging, not until somebody tripped me in the middle of the game as I tried to dodge, I was surprised when I didn't hit the floor. Brian had caught me and was hit by the ball, he was out.

I remember about the rule that if we caught the ball and it hadn't bounced yet, you can still bring back a person that was hit. I tried to focus on dodging and finally saw a ball coming my way-straight at my face, so I put my hands in front of me. I felt the sphere in my hand and balanced it as it almost fell off my hand.

Coach sees and claps. "Well done. Which player do you want back in?" I point over to Brian and he jogs in the "arena" again.

"Nice catch but why'd you do that for?" he asked me confused as I tossed the ball back to the other team.

"It was my fault you got hit so, I got you back in." I grin and dodge the final throw just as the time runs out.

Coach gathers us and announces that the continuation of the tournament was on the next day. "And, Team B had won with bonus points as Miss.." He points at me, asking for my name.

"Ria Scott," I smile.

"As Ms. Ria Scott caught the ball. She was surprisingly the only person who did that today. Again, utilize all mechanics I taught you, this is a team game. I will be expecting a good match tomorrow between Team A and B," he finally finishes and dismisses us.

I changed back into my casual attire and see Randy waiting for me outside. I swing my bag over my shoulder and he drives me home.

"That was a nice game," he says as we finally got into the car.

"It was teamwork."

"Yeah it was. I'll be fetching you tomorrow and do you want to come with us to a hangout this Friday? You always just stayed in your room and slept. Me and guys are having a game-night. X-box and food-"

"Sure," I answer without hesitation. Food, duh?

"Okay," he laughs and drives us home.