Chapter Fifteen: Blaming Him

*Two Days Later*

"Are you sure, Jerome?" Rob asks over Skype. Jerome nods.

"Yeah. He...He.." Jerome said as his eyes water.

"Jerome, how is he? What did the doctors say?" He asks. Jerome takes in a shaky breath.

"He fell into a coma due to lack of oxygen to the brain. His organs are starting to fail on him as well and if that happens, that's it for him." Jerome said wiping tears off his cheeks. Jerome's eyes drop to his lap where he is fidgeting with a piece of paper.

"Lack of oxygen? How? Lachlan was there with him, he called 911 right when Mitch took them." Rob said. Jerome shakes his head.

"They don't know." Jerome said. Rob hesitates and sighs.

"How's Lachlan? I haven't heard from him in a while." Rob said. Jerome looks at Rob.

"Blames himself for it." Jerome said.

"What? But--"

"Its not. Its my fault." Jerome said. Rob shakes his head.

"No, its not your fault." Rob said. Jerome wipes tears off his face.

"Lachlan told what Mitch said. You were right, I should have told him how I felt about him. I shouldn't have held back. If I did, then maybe this wouldn't have happened. If I didn't leave him alone with Lachlan than maybe he wouldn't be in a hospital bed." Jerome said starting to cry.

"Jerome, we are coming." He said. Jerome shakes his head.

"No. No. You have no reason--"

"Yes we do. Preston wants to see Mitch anyway. And you and Lachlan are a mess and need us." Rob said. Jerome looks away from him. Rob leans forward a little. "Jerome, none of this is your fault. Its Jessica's fault. She did this to him, all you did was try to help him." Jerome looks at him with tearful eyes.

"I should have tried harder to take him home with me. He wanted to go home with me and all I ever told him was to wait here a little longer. Wait here and suffer. I'm the worst friend ever, I should have done more and I didn't because he pushed me away. I should have gave him those pills, I shouldn't have waited for you all to do it. I should have told him I love him. He was afraid of me, he was afraid that I would hurt him, that's what forced him to do this to himself. And now because of me, he's dying." Jerome said crying. Jerome takes off the headset and hangs up. He gets off the chair and hugs his knees sobbing into them.