0 2

A loud, high pitch scream ripped out of the crypt and indeed the coffin Elena had been stroking not two moments prior.

It was the scream of someone alive. It was the scream of someone afraid. It was the scream of a girl.

April 28th 2010

All the present ensemble rushed inside the crypt, the source of the awful sound, but now the scream had been replaced by a thudding.

It was as though someone was trying to get out.

To break free.

Disturbed by the sound Damon flung his hands, lashing out at the stone lid using his enhanced strength to send it shattering into the opposite wall.

A moment passed and all was quite, the thudding and wailing silenced but only for a moment.

The next sound that came was different from the rest it was not a human sound but instead the creek of a casket that had not been intended to ever be opened.

With renewed vigour a final shove was given, delivered from whatever lay inside.

All but two of the onlookers mentally and physically braced themselves for what ever supernatural being might appear from with in but they could never of prepared themselves for the sight that lay right in front of the their very own eyes.

A girl.

A girl who looked no older then Elena in plain clothes, from this era, from this time.

Her brown hair was pulled back into a French braid and her eyes wide as they scanned the room.

Her breathing was harsh and heavy as she searched for an escape, she looked like prey caged in by a deadly predator, she wasn't too far from the truth Damon internally scoffed.

Her eyes still flittered around the room until they suddenly landed on Elena and then the girls brow creased.

"Elena?"  She questioned.

"Look it's alright, I can explain everything."  Elena replied giving her her hand helping her out the coffin. The new girl took shakily steps as Elena led her away. 

"What was I doing in a coffin, did I die?"  The girl sobbed, she was a nervous wreck.

"No, you didn't die. You were just asleep." 

"Why was I in a coffin then?" 

"It was the best way to keep you safe."  Elena said.

"Safe, a coffin and what about when I woke up." 

"We didn't know if you were ever going to."

"We, wait you put me in there."  The girl cried hysterically.  "After everything you know about me you decided to put me in that," She all but screamed flinging her hand to point at the coffin she had escaped just minutes before, "for my safety. Elena you know I am claustrophobic."

Alaric who - along with Damon, Stephan and Klaus - had stayed silent up till now stepped forward and said, "Elena, what is going on, who is this?" 

The still unidentified girl span round. "Who am I, who are you?" 

Her voice was breaking, she was getting distressed.  Tears were pouring down her face.

Stephan, taking the initiative from Alaric also took a step forward. "Look calm down, I didn't know you were claustrophobic and if I did we certainly wouldn't have put you in a coffin but you were in a magically induced coma, nothing would wake you up - we tried everything. Apart from your heartbeat you were as good as dead. We hid you here until we could find something to wake you up." 

She took a moment pausing, her eyes dropping to the floor only to return to meet Stephan with a small voice, "So it wasn't you that woke me up." 

"No." He said evenly, not wanting to put any more strain on the girls obviously delicate emotions.

"Hold on, time out - coma, coffins, claustrophobia - who the hell is she?"  Damon asked while waving his arms about, he had no clue what was going on and he hated.

"She is a friend of Elena's, she was there the day that Bonnie revealed her magic to Elena and something went wrong resulting in a magically induced coma of sorts, there is no medical explanation for what happened nor did modern medicine present anything to wake her up.  Bonnie tried with her magic but nothing would work."

"Wait, Bonnie does magic, Bonnie Bennet?"  Everyone, save Klaus of course who had resigned to sitting back and watching the show, nodded their head. "So...how long have I been asleep for." 

"About six months"  The girl dropped to her knees in despair.