0 4

"What, my love, might your name be." 

The girl sniffed giving him a smile before wiping her eyes with the back of her other hand.

"Grace, my name's Grace."

April 29th 2010

As soon as she had uttered her name Klaus commented on its beauty and originality before sweeping her up and whisking her away to his house with promises of never having to set eyes on Elena Gilbert ever again.

Before he left that crypt though he gave the collection of humans, vampires and those in between their own saving grace - an extra month.

Klaus had given his word to postpone the ceremony and Damon could only speculate it had something to do with the brunette he had watch Klaus bridal carry out to his Land Rover but who was he to judge - a month was a lot.

A month was 30 days, it was 720 hours, it was 43'200 minutes, 2'592'000 seconds, and to Damon that was starting to sound like eternity.

***

That night, despite having slept for half a year, Grace had fallen asleep as soon as her head hit the pillows of the bed she had been given.

Her dreams had been few and far between but all emanated around the blue eyed mystery that had liberated her from that crypt and prevented her from clawing Elena Gilbert's face off.

She didn't quite know what had over come her, she had never quite experienced anger as vivid and uncontrollable as she did in that moment.

Perhaps it was a good thing that she was removed from the situation before things had gone further south, in retrospective killing the Mystic Falls poster child would not have been a good reintroduction into town life.

Rolling out of the bed Grace stretched her back and then looked down at what she was wearing.

Still in her clothes from before her stint in comatose she suddenly had a sense of dirtiness wash over her.

She was in the same clothes as she had been for the past half year.

In her blind disgust she ripped the purple top and black jeans off of her body and threw the across the room before collapsing in a pile of tears and sobbing mess.

Consumed by her emotions she didn't notice the door open or the man that followed.

She didn't notice the expression that he wore on his face when he took in the sight before him but what she did notice was the tickling feeling of eyes dancing over her skin. 

Raising her head to meet his the two were locked in each other's gaze before she brook away looking down in shame pulling her knees tighter in an attempt to shield herself.

She had never felt quite as exposed and bare as she did in that moment.

She was cover by a camisole and of course still had her underwear on but it didn't feel like it, not under his penetrating gaze and she couldn't tell if that was something she enjoyed or feared.

"What's wrong love?"  He asked, his voice was like silk, she remarked, soft and tender but she said nothing so he sat besides her and pulled his long legs up to his body mimicking her posture.

"I feel dirty."  She said finally, "in those clothes and I am still angry at them.  At her."

"I know love, and you have every right to be, sadly I can't do much to help you with that apart from remind you of what I promised.  Do you remember?"

"You won't let them near me, you won't let them hurt me and there is nothing that anyone can do to change that."  She whispered repeating the oath he had sworn to her last night somewhere between the crypt and crashing out in the bed that the two of them now leaned against.

"And that is a promise."  He said earning a glance out the corner of her eyes, the tears had paused and he had her complete attention. "Always and forever."

"Always and forever." She whispered in repetition, caught in the rapture of his penetrating gaze.

---

Hey Guys,

I only realised the other day that you, my lovely, readers are from all around the globe!

I found this pretty cool, I mean little old me having readers across Europe, Africa, North and South America is kinda awesome.

Thanks for reading Grace, I hope you are enjoying the adventure as much as I am,

Emma xxx