0 8

"So when's the next full moon."

"Two days."

And two days was not long, not for a seventeen year old or an a thousand year old.

May 25th 2010

"So tomorrow little Elena Gilbert will meet her demise!" Kathrine laughed looking into the mirror. Grace joined her side with a stoic look on her face. "How can you not be more excited, that little look-alike has ruined our lives, or at least tried to."

"I know but no one deserves death - do they?"

"I certainly do - I've killed, lied and backstabbed my way through the last five hundred years but I am all ready dead and any way I did what I had to survive. You can't expect anyone to do any less or any more."

"I suppose not."

Katherine's eyes raked across Grace's attire through the mirror, her brow creasing in disbelief. "For the past month all you've been wearing is men's tops and shirts, show a little decorum, lets go shopping I could use a new wardrobe and I am sure my debt to Klaus will be repaid after tomorrow night and we will both be free of this retched little town."

"What do you mean." Grace asked pushing her hair behind her ears looking her in the eyes via the mirror reflection.

"Well Elena is the only reason he was ever in Mystic Falls to begin with, that and me and by tomorrow one of us will be dead and the other will no longer have any need to hang around this sad little town so he will pack up shop and move on and so will we."

A sad look flashed across Grace's face, one which the older brunette caught, she had observed how close Grace had come to the a thousand year old man they were house sitting with.

To be honest she found to rather startling, the girl she had come to protect like a daughter but respect like a friend was entrapped by the dashing looks and leg wobbling dimples of a monster. Her little Ace was innocent but not naive.

Grace knew Klaus's end game probably better then most of the inhabitants of this Vampire magnet of a town.

But it didn't mean she was not worried.

"Regardless of the full moon," Grace started, her fingers playing with the hem of the shirt she was wearing - Kat was right she did need her own clothes. "Nik isn't about to let us out shopping." Kat laughed bumping Grace lightly with her hip.

"But I'm sure he can be persuaded." She said with a pointed smile.

Six beats past before both the girls were rolling around the floor giggling their heads off.

"What is so funny that it has Kathrine Pierce laughing like a hooligan?" A voice called from the doorway, Grace looked up to see Nik leaning on the door frame with a smirk on his face.

The light from the windows on the sitting room shone behind him, illuminating his form.

It was the most cliche sight but it made him look like an ethereal being in Grace's eyes, in the eyes of Kathrine however he played the part of the original bastard rather well, his cocky smirk and evil glint didn't do his malevolence any justice, she mused.

She could see why Grace found him attractive, he was good looking and all, but his personality was a deal breaker.

It didn't seem to bother Grace though who was gazing at the Vampire with a dazed look on her face as though she had been compelled, only this time by his 'charms' instead of his supernatural ability.

Managing to catch Grace's eyes Kathrine gave her a wink and Grace sighed in defeat. Pushing herself up, she moved towards the door and the Vampire who was watching the girls interacting with a amused look on his face.

"Nik." Grace said looking up at him, his height dwarfed her but it was something that she had become accustomed to over their time together and was no longer phased by his height.

"Yes love?" He too enjoyed the fact that she didn't even reach his shoulders.

"Well Kathrine and I where thinking...". She started, wringing her hands and swivelling on her feet, peering up at him with doe eyes.

"Oh no, Katherine's been thinking we are all in trouble, what evil heinous plan has she conducted this time?" He asked sarcastically while Kathrine shot him a friendly glare.

Grace swatted him on the arm playfully to get his attention. "Well all the time I have been here I have wearing men's clothes, mainly shirts and it's so boring so I wanted to go shopping."

"Well maybe its the new fashion craze love, you have been asleep for a while - things have change a lot." Nik said giving her attire a once over, her legs bare were accentuated by the baggy shirt that cling into her slim frame. She looked good, why on earth she wanted to cover it all up was beyond him, she liked her in his shirt.

"And besides its not like they're even you clothes." She whispered to him. "I don't even know who he is and I have been wearing his clothes for a month."

And Nik was mad. A shopping trip was a must he growled lowly. He had all he forgotten that they weren't in fact his clothes, save of course the poor taste of fashion that obviously indicated that the clothes were not bought by him.

"Fine, tomorrow morning you can go out shopping but you have to be back by lunch." He said evenly but before he could finish Grace had thrown herself at him with squeals of excitement. She had engulfed him in a hug with her arms tangled round his neck and her legs wrapped round his waist.

Nik was taken aback by the display of affection but had no time to comment for as quickly as she had gotten up she dislodged herself from him, dropping to her feet and running to the wardrobe.

Tearing through the contents she muttered to herself about what she would be able to ware to actually go and get her clothes.

Nik chuckled at her frantic behaviour before turning to Kathrine who had an unreadable expression on her face.

"Thank you. I know your motive for letting her go out was purely selfish but this means a lot to her, the freedom, the trust."

"I know Katerina but like you said, it's purely selfish." He said, her name rolling off his tongue with a Slavic drawl to it.

"Its the thought that counts." She quipped walking over to Grace's side.

Nicklaus smiled, it was a pure wholehearted smile. The type only Grace brought his face these days, Grace and now it seemed occasionally Kathrine.

It seemed it wasn't only Nik's heart who the little Verde was warming.

:::

750 reads - thank you guys so much xxx

[09.10.17] - 800+ reads, thank you guys so much for all the love and support and for lifting this book off the ground xx