eighteen

A/N: GUYS THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER. IM SO SAD. I'd just like to thank all of you for staying with me throughout the entire story, and for voting and commenting and just inspiring me to continue posting chapters on a weekly basis. You are absolutely amazing. (: I hope you all enjoy the last chapter, and feel free to follow me if you haven't and look at my other current stories. PS the ending isn't the best, I'm sorry! xo

Niall

I slowly drifted back to consciousness, the first thing that I noticed being the throbbing ache in my chest and the loud, steady beeping sound that filled the entire room. I opened my eyes and gradually looked around at my surroundings, plain white walls and medical equipment entering my vision. I didn't have to do a double take to know that I was in the hospital. I tried to remember what I was doing before I blacked out, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. My mind was cloudy and blank, but I did know that I got stabbed. That's one thing that I was sure of, and the bandage covering the upper half of my chest confirmed it.

The door to the room then opened, revealing a male doctor that seemed to be in his forties. He had a long white cloak on and had a stethoscope dangling from his neck, a clipboard tucked under his armpit. He seen that I was awake and smiled. "Mr. Horan, it's nice to see that you're awake."

I opened my mouth to talk, it being difficult due to my throat being terribly dry. "What happened?"

The doctor sighed and walked over towards the edge of the bed, unsure of how to begin. "What do you remember, Niall? Do you remember anything?"

I bit down on my lip, sorting through my thoughts and trying to figure out what exactly occured the last time I was conscious. "I don't remember a lot. I think that the purge was going on, and I...I was being chased by Axel and his friends. Um, I was able to get into someone's house and hide there."

He nodded, "Can you remember whose house you were in?"

As soon as he asked me that, everything just suddenly came back to me. It's as if his words flipped a switch, and I remembered it all. I remembered when Maddie let me inside, and when I met Julissa upstairs in the dark hall. I even remembered our first kiss, and her desperate cries for me to stay with her when I was fading out into the darkness. But most of all, I remembered just exactly how much she means to me, even though I had just met her last night during all of the chaos.

"Julissa, where is she?" I asked, completely ignoring his question. "Is she alright?"

He chuckled, probably happy that I had at least shown that I had my memory. "She's perfectly fine; no cuts, scratches, or anything. And she's coming to see you right now as we speak."

I sighed out in relief, glad that she was okay and nothing happened to her after I completely blacked out. "Thank God."

Before he could tell me anything else, the door opened, and I immediately recognized the head of dark brown hair and hazel eyes that entered the room.

"Niall," Julissa breathed, rushing over to my bedside and grasping my hands in her own gently. "I'm so glad that you're okay. You stopped responding to me and you lost so much blood. I-I thought I lost you.."

I scoffed, bringing my right hand up to her face and tucking a loose strand of her hair back in place behind her ear. "I would never leave you, Jules. I couldn't leave you even if I wanted to."

She smiled softly, her cheeks burning red. "I couldn't leave you either."

The doctor cleared his throat, reminding us that he was still here. "I'll give you a couple minutes. I'll have a nurse come in and give you some more pain medication too, if you'd like."

I nodded gratefully, "Yes, thanks. That would be great."

"You're welcome," he replied, exiting the room and shutting the door behind him, which left Julissa and I completely alone for a good five minutes.

"So, what happens now?" she asked, sitting down beside me on the uncomfortable bed.

I shrugged, running a hand through my hair. "I don't know. I'm not sure where to start after all of this. This was the first purge that I was actually really involved in. It's overwhelming, and I don't know what to do now, to be honest."

She nodded slowly, looking away from my gaze nervously. "We'll still see each other around, right?"

I smiled and pulled her closer to me, the warmth of her presence radiating onto me. "Hell yeah. We will be seeing each other around a lot."

"Good."

I grinned and decided to have some fun, leaning closer to her until my mouth was at her ear, my breath fanning the skin.

She giggled as I nibbled on her ear, touching a sweet spot. "What if a nurse walks in on us? Your doctor did say that one was going to be here soon."

I shrugged, "Oh well."

She gasped and playfully hit me on my arm, and I slowly moved my lips down to her neck, causing her to tense up for a second. She quickly relaxed though, leaning her face onto my shoulder.

"Can you believe that something good actually came out of something bad for once?" she asked quietly, biting down on her lip to suppress a moan while I sucked on her neck.

"I can't believe it at all, but I'm so fucking glad it did," I mumbled, leaving trails of kisses from her neck to her jawline before pressing my lips hungrily onto her own.