Chapter 14: Girl Almighty

Let's have another toast to the girl almighty
Let's pray we stay young, stay made out of lightning

Harry walked me to my first class which is a little strange for me. The whole ride going to school, he never once let go of my hand. I was impressed by his driving skills and he seemed to be excited to roam around town with his car. I am still thinking of the conversation I had with my mother earlier. She set some rules for me and the boys who suddenly became interested in me. Then I remembered Niall, how will I take back the chance that I have given him? He was nothing but nice to me and the last thing I want is to hurt him. I never thought that dating could be this complicated.

"What's going on in your mind?" Harry asks.

I was early as usual and my first class teacher is not there yet so he decided to stay for a while.

I shook my head, "Nothing," I answered.

He was sitting on the empty chair beside me. There were already a couple of students inside the room, giving us confused stares now and then. I know there must be wondering why all of a sudden the heartthrob Harry Styles is with nerd Taylor Swift.

"Come on, you can tell me, I am still your friend remember?"

Yeah, and too bad he is my only friend,  now I kinda regret not having girlfriends. Cause I don't have anyone to talk to about these kinds of stuff. My mind wondered how nice it is to have a friend that will help you make decisions about this situation I am in. The person who will give me the pros and cons.

"It's Niall," I whispered. His lips formed a thin line. I know he is upset, Niall is a sensitive topic for him. "Please don't be mad," I plead.

He took a deep breath and stared at me. "Okay, what about him?" He asks.

"Well, last night at the bar," I started, "I kinda given him a chance too,"

He shut his eyes for a little while, I am not sure if he was trying to hold his temper or what.

"That's fine," he said. "I guess I just have to work harder to get you to choose me," he said as he tuck a loose strand of hair in my ear. "You're a fair game until I win, and once I did, you won't be thinking of anyone else but me,"

I didn't know how to respond to that so I just gave him a slight nod. Harry then stood up.

"I'll see you later," he whispered and slightly presses his lips on my cheek which causes my face to heat up again.

"Okay,"

I then watched him find the exit.

The first four classes I had gone on smoothly. The bell just rang for lunchtime and everyone rushes over to the cafeteria. I am still full with the breakfast mom had prepared for me so I went straight to the tutoring center, there I saw Hailee Steinfield sitting on one of the empty chairs with her book in front of her.

She gave me a slight nod as she saw me walk in. Hailee is nice and most of the time quiet, we often greet each other with a smile but that's all. We rarely talk, sometimes she asks me for pointers about being more effective in tutoring. She is a senior too and a pretty good one. She is simple with her brown hair, beautiful set of eyes and a perfect pout, she is tall too and she has a boyish style, often than not she wears a black shirt, black leather jacket, denim pants, and converse.

"Hey, not taking your lunch?" I asked as I opened one of the steal cabinets. I will be getting some extra handbooks for my tutoring with another senior later.

Hailee puts her book down and glances over me. "Nah, the line is awful at this hour, maybe later," she answered. "How about you?"

"Same, and I have a free fifth period so  I could take mine later," I answered then closes the steel cabinets.

I walked towards the empty seat beside the table where Hailee was settled in. "You can join me if you want," she smiled offering to join her at her table.

"Okay," I replied then took my things from the other table and transferred them to Hailee's table.

"I saw you last night at the bar," she then said as soon as I was settled in.

"We're you there? Why didn't I see you?" I ask.

She gave me a meaningful smile, "Well, you were kinda preoccupied, having Niall Horan sing a song for you in front of a huge crowd," she chuckled.

I closed my eyes shyly. "Was that obvious?"

She cracked a loud laugh. "Of course it was obvious, everyone in that room was staring at you, if you could've only seen the look on the cheeries' face when Niall pointed you out in the crowd, their jaws literally dropped," she said, Hailee is also not a big fan of the jocks and the cheering squad. But unlike me who always avoid them, she voices out her opinion about them which is kinda nice.

Oh my God! I can't believe it happened. I saw Gigi and Eleanor but I didn't see Kendall. Harry was there too but Kendall wasn't with him.

"So? I'm kinda confused, cause I also saw you this morning climbing off of Harry Styles' vintage car, what's the deal?" She asked cocking her brow. "And I am not prying okay? It's just that people are talking about it," she clarified.

What? People are talking about it? Since when? Now I am mortified. People never once bothered to glance at me, let alone remember my name, and now all of a sudden they are talking about me?

"Why?" I asked.

Hailee shrugged her shoulders, "No idea, but I think it's because you have seen hanging out with the hottest guys in school, I mean, that came from them, not me?" She smiled. Hottest guys? I knew for a fact that Harry is a heartthrob but Niall? "Well, Harry is like that dangerous adorable tattooed guy we never had here, so girls except for me drool over him and Niall is one of the nicest guys on the campus and good-looking too. Besides, his band is already making a mark in town. Rumor has it, a record label is eyeing on them." She continues.

I took a sharp deep breath, so people are now wondering why all of a sudden these two considered hottest guys in Wake Forest High School had their eye on me? Well, I don't know the answer either cause I have been trying to figure that out myself. I am pretty sure they were thinking what is it that I have that made them like me? And I have asked the same question myself? I have said this a couple of times already, I am not pretty, I don't have what they call a perfect figure, I am just me, nothing special. So why the heck do they want me?

Oh my effing God! What a mess?

--

Thank you to @haylorNator for the constant comment and vote, love you, sweetheart.

Thanks to all who support this story, am I ever gonna get a #teamniall? or we'll stay as #teamharry?

- Xhake