Chapter 20 - Marcus Pierce

CHAPTER 20
MARCUS PIERCE

Nigel is just a few meters away from me. While I'm in the bathroom, he's in the room, sitting on the bed, waiting for me to come out so he can take a shower after me. I wish that he'd join me here, but I figure that it's not the right time to invite him and do some naughty. My wolf is practically being a kid right now, forcing what he wants. But if I grant his request, then what Nigel and I have right now will fade away into thin air, like nothing happened between us at all. Worse of all, he could forget me. Just by thinking that, imagining the worst case scenario, my wolf whines and I scold him inside my head.

Keeping myself in control is hard enough, especially that my mate is in the other room, waiting for me to be done, so I don't need my wolf acting like a child just to get what he wants. I have a lot on my plate right now, and he being childish is not helping at all.

Apparently he knows what I'm thinking – he rolls his eyes at me like a naughty wolf he is, and groans.

Cold water cascades down my body just to keep myself from getting a boner, because just the faint smell of my mate is enough to send me into frenzy, to make blood rush into my groin. He always wakes the beast inside of me, even though he doesn't know it. We have kissed earlier, and now I'm craving for something more.

I sang Heart Hypnotic earlier – I have heard Courtney, one of my classmates in a class I don't always pay attention to, singing that song and it got me hook. So I figured that perhaps he could relate to the lyrics. He's confused, and there's probably a lot of going on inside his head right now. And I'm not going to be a nuisance about it. I knew that he was listening. He stopped what he was doing, and he just sat there on the bed, listening to me sing.

"Where did he get that song?" I hear him muttering, asking himself. I suppress a chuckle, not wanting to make him suspicious about the real me.

That's another problem. He doesn't know that I'm a werewolf, that I'm part of the supernatural things. Though there are books written by humans about our kind, they only think that it's a fiction, a story made by a human who had a unique mind, a fantasy and nothing more. They will never believe such a thing, unless they get to catch a glimpse of us – a human transforming into a werewolf.

When the right time has come, I'll tell him the real me, and what my purpose in life is. Before meeting him, the only duty I knew was to be as good as the other Guardians of Werewolves. But then I saw him, instantly knew that he's my mate, and that all changed. Now, I have two goals – to be a better Guardian, and for my mate to be fully mine.

But after meeting him, after learning that he's a human, I asked myself – why did I have to become a werewolf? Why does love have to be so hard on me? On us? At night, I keep staring at the moon – it doesn't matter if it's only a half moon or a full moon, all I know is that I'm always asking for guidance. I know that my friends have my back – especially Perry and Cloud, whom I have been best friends with since we were children, since we were a pup.

I stare at the mirror, my eyes changing, my wolf resurfacing, and I force him back. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath and exhale, then a knock on the door comes, scaring the hell out of me. I was too preoccupied with my thoughts that my werewolf senses did not work.

"Um, uh, Marcus, are... are you okay in there?" he asks me, his voice laced with confusion and worried. Just hearing his voice is enough to lift my spirit up. The fact that he cares about my being not only makes me smile, it also makes me believe that he's going to be mine.

Not wanting him to be more worried than he is right now, I shout back. "Uh, yes! I'm just shaving my... beard!"

"Ah, okay." He responds. "Wait, you didn't have a beard. From what I remember, you had stubbles." I roll my eyes at the lame reason I came up with. Wait, does it mean that he's observant of me as I am to him? That makes me grin, apparently.

Due to the excitement that is bubbling inside me, without any towel at all draped around my waist, I open the door and grin widely at him, but upon realizing my mistake, my smile turns into a thin line, then everything gets awkward. Nigel yelps, trying to cover his eyes using his hands, but his fingers are spread out, so he still has his eyes on my ding dong. I never dare say anything, never move a single muscle, instead, I just stare back at him.

"Holy, um, wait, hey, Marcus, uh," he stutters. I blush wildly, mirroring what's on his face, and when the realization sinks into my head, I quickly turn around, letting him see my bare butt, run to get some towel hanging on the rack, and drape it around my waist to cover myself. "Well, that's a nice view, um, fuck, no. What I mean is, um, holy shit, um, thank you for, uh, covering yourself, I guess."

"You can take a bath now, I guess," I say, scratching my neck. The awkwardness is still lingering in the air, and I guess the only way to have it dissolved is for him to go into the bathroom and do his things, and I'll mind my own business first, which is I'm going to try to calm myself and hormones down.

Nigel gives me a nod, trying to hide his face from me, but as he enters, my hand grabs his arm and I turn him around, then I lean down and kiss him on the lips, unable to stop myself.

Even though it's just a short kiss, it is enough to set me up on fire. Nigel doesn't struggle, instead, he kisses me back, though I can feel that he's getting uncomfortable. I get this feeling that he wants to explore more, to see where this kiss will lead us, but I can't put our relationship at risk – we are still friends, and if by any chance that he gets really uncomfortable, he might cut the connection between us due to being scared about what he's feeling. So I break the kiss, give him a small smile to assure that we're okay, which he returns back, and then I move back, giving him way to the bathroom.

Once he goes into the bathroom, I let out a huge sigh. Yes, I'm getting a boner just from kissing him – I just got out of the bathroom, heck I even used a cold water just to avoid getting a boner just by thinking of him, and now, I'm getting a painful boner. A boner that I just want to be gone before he goes out of the bathroom.

Since there's no school today, and I doubt that we have of pending things to do in this house, I figure that I could actually ask him to go with me somewhere. Or maybe, we could just watch another episode of Most Popular Girls in School since they have released a new season. Though I'm just currently on season 3, I know that Nigel wants to see the new episodes of season 5. I could make us some food while we're watching MPGIS, and perhaps there would be kissing here and there (oh how I wish!), which I would never deprive myself of.

After a few minutes of thinking of what I will cook for us, I hear him singing. He sings gently, as if he's really into the song, as if the words really sink deep into his heart. "You get ready, you get all dressed up, to go nowhere in particular. Back to work or the coffee shop, doesn't matter because it's enough to be young and in love." I listen to him, then he stops singing at all. I figure that he might be thinking that I'm listening to him sing and I think he thinks that his voice isn't good enough to be heard. Well, he has a pretty good voice. And I'm not being biased.

Getting out of the room, I head downstairs and as I pass by through the window, a hand gesture catches my attention. I look through the window again and see that it's my friend Blaine calling my attention. I look at the stairs and hear Nigel's voice – he's singing again, and look at Blaine again. He motions for me to come out so we could talk.

As much as I don't want to leave Nigel alone in this house, I got a feeling that what we're about to talk about is important. He wouldn't have gone here if it's not, right? So I throw one last glance into the stairs and head out of the house, running across the street to catch up with my rogue friend.