chapter 29

Cole's p.o.v.

I fumbled with my keys before successfully unlocking the door to our dorm. Y/n should be back any minute since our classes finished at the same time. In fact I could hardly wait, I was hoping to have one of our all too familiar movie nights. I went to my bedroom to put my things away before deciding to take a shower. Just as I turned the water on my phone began to ring.

Rolling my eyes, I turned the water off and saw it was Dylan calling. "To what do I owe the pleasure Dylan?" I answered, falling back onto my bed. "What are you and y/n doing tonight?" he asked, seeming slightly more cheerful than usual. I held back a groan because if my assumptions were correct my plans of cuddling and movies tonight were ruined.

"What have you got planned for us?"

"I want to introduce you to someone, it's just dinner and I'll even pay."

I agreed to Dylan's plans and took a mental note of the details. I wonder who he wants us to meet? After that thought I heard the front door open and I jumped up to greet y/n. She smiled as soon as she saw me and felt myself being reminded once again how wonderful it is. It's as if she gets more and more beautiful every time I see her.

"How was your day?" She asked.

"Better now, I hope you're free tonight because Dylan wants to go to dinner with us."

She chuckled stood right in front of me, looking up at me with her gorgeous eyes. "Sure I'm not busy but third wheel much?"

"Oh no he wants to introduce us to someone." I explained and she nodded in understanding. "So I guess we aren't really taking a break anymore if we would make Dylan a third wheel?"

She rolled her eyes and shook her head, laughing. I sort of wanted an answer to the question but I didn't want to push the subject. I figured it was best to let y/n figure what she wants on her own, especially since she wasn't rejecting me and pushing me away at the moment.

~~~

A few hours later I was ready to go so I went to check if y/n was ready. I knocked on her door and she called out to give me permission to enter.

The moment I laid eyes on her I had to try not to focus on her legs in the red, long-sleeved dress she wore with tall black heels. She turned towards me, tossing her straightened hair over her shoulder "you look great! ready to go?" she asked me. I nodded taking her hand and leaving our dorm.

Y/n p.o.v.

The restaurant Dylan made reservations at was only a few blocks from campus so Cole and I decided to walk. We arrived at a fairly fancy restaurant and Cole gave the Maitre'd the name for the table. As we were ushered to a table further towards the back of the restaurant, Dylan came into view and he was seated next to a breath-takingly beautiful brunette.

They both stood to greet us, Dylan hugging both of us before stepping back and placing his hand on the girls back. "This is Dayna, my girlfriend."

Cole and I both smiled and shook her hand "it's so nice to finally meet you both I've heard so much!" she said to us. "It's nice to meet you too" I smiled back and we all took our seats.

"How long have you two been together?" Cole asked the couple.

"Just a few weeks" Dayna replied.

"Dayna's the girl I went on a date with not too long ago, remember y/n?" Dylan continued. I nodded in response.

The waiter came and took our orders, pouring each of us a glass of wine. We continued talking throughout the night, getting along wonderfully. I was so pleased that Dylan had met such a wonderful girl. 

---

the queen has arrived