Chapter 6

Kora

Kora

"What about Titanic?"

"Ti-tanic?"

"😂 What? I love Titanic. It's my favorite romance movie."

"Why? Because some guy died so some girl could live?"

"Jack. His name was Jack, and no, 😩 that's not exactly why."

"😅"

"Come on Jeremy, don't tell me you're one of those cliché people that don't believe in love."

"Oh I believe in love. Except that the story of Jack and Rose was pure friction. Thank God it was, because I thought the both of them were really stupid."

"🙄 they were in love."

"If you say so."

"😂 what's that supposed to mean now?"

"Lol. Nothing."

"I know it's not nothing. I've been talking to you for six months Jer and I know when you say 'if you say so' it's just you trying not to argue so spill it. I've got time today."

"I'm just saying. That brother died for nothing. He really didn't have to die."

"Now you're just being really insensitive."

"No, I'm not. Actually, he did die for nothing. That Rose, that girl was some real problem. A real trouble, I get that she loved him, but she was selfish. Her love was an obsession and her failure to know when to just let go, that obsession, it killed him."

"No she did not."

"Yes she did. She had two chances to leave before the boat sank. If she really wanted to help him, she should have waited on shore for him. She didn't and that's what got them killed. Jack was a survivor. He'd have survived."

"No. She had to forfeit one of her chances so she could go back and save him. He'd have died either ways if she hadn't gone back. And before you criticize Rose for what she did, do you even try to imagine that the only reason Jack fought so hard to survive in the first place was so he could keep her alive? Do you ever think he'd have been so motivated to stay alive if she wasn't with him? They were in love Jer."

"What? Lol, that's silly. "Keep her alive"? I mean who would want to die from drowning in the middle of an ocean anyway? Anyone would have fought to survive. Doesn't change the fact that they were both stupid. As a matter of fact, the writers were extremely dumb for creating that shit."

"People do a lot of silly things when they are in love. Don't worry, You'd be able to relate one day."

"Just like I have." I wanted to text those words back so badly but I hesitated. I hesitated not because I couldn't, but because I just didn't understand anything anymore. The last six months hadn't been our strongest month, Luke and I. Ever since he got into NAUN, it had been really hard to get his attention. It was really hard to get him to want to talk to me, or text me, and I couldn't help but always wonder why, If something was wrong.