CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Steve started running near the edge of the helicarrier. He needed to get to the third one and Sam was his ticket there. "Hey Sam. Gonna need a ride."

"I have someone on my tail," Sam radioed over. "But let me see what I can do. Let me know when you're ready." Sam looked behind him. The girl had run out of weapons to use, so she wasn't that much of a threat. However, with her flying at the speed she was, she could easily catch up to Sam and then Captain.

Sam looked to where Cap was and saw him run off the edge of the helicarrier. He was falling through the sky. "I just did," he radioed to Sam. Sam started panicking. He was gonna have to catch his favourite hero before they either fell to the ground or the girl with wings got to him first.

Sam raced through the sky to try and catch Steve, but Cosima flew faster than Sam. Cosima grabbed Steve's hand. Sam radioed quickly to Steve, "She's got you. I'm coming." Steve immediately looked up. He couldn't really do anything because then he'd fall. But maybe Sam would catch him. He tried struggling in Cosima's grip, but her metal arm was strong and would not let him go.

Everything counted on this mission for Cosima. She felt she needed to do well to please a lot of people. She held on to Steve and when she flew above the third helicarrier, dropped him onto the ramp. She stayed airborne. Sam swooped in beside Steve, both looking up at Cosima. She had a wicked grin on her face. 

"You can leave this all behind!" Steve shouted up to her.

"Steve," Sam said. They looked long and hard at each other, knowing she was an unfortunate lost cause. They turned and began to run to place the blaster in the carrier when Cosima spoke to them.

"Where do you think you're going?" They both spun round to face Cosima. She had landed, gracefully and was walking towards them. "I can't just let you leave."

"Do it for the good of everyone. Hydra is gonna destroy everything. We have to do this," Steve urged.

Something was thrown at Cosima which she caught. A gun. "Why don't you surrender?"

"Because it's not the right thing t-" Steve couldn't finish the end of his sentence. He was thrown off the side of the helicarrier by none other than the Winter Soldier. Cosima smiled as she knew Captain's chances of winning were dwindling. 

"Steve!" Sam called. He fired up his suit but Soldier grabbed his wing and thrust him backwards, leaving Steve to fall to his ultimate death. Sam regained balance and began firing his twin guns at Soldier. Cosima started firing her guns at Sam, puncturing a few holes in his wings. "Come on man!" Sam whined, turning to look at Cosima and then flying away as she came closer. He launched another grenade at Cosima and while she was dodging it planned to make his escape.

Soldier knew what he was doing and flung a rope at one of Sam's wings, hitting it straight on. He pulled Sam back on the carrier and ripped that wing off (thankfully Sam's wings weren't like Cosima's or else he would have been in a lot of pain). Soldier, without another thought, kicked Sam overboard. That would be the end of him, Cosima thought, a smirk arriving on his face.

Soldier looked back at her. "Go on the ground. Protect these ships." Cosima nodded and obeyed, flying down and onto the building below. Sam was nowhere to be seen, but a parachute was there, meaning he had lived. Cosima sought to go after him. 

She continued down the stairs, watching Sam from afar. He crept into an office room. Cosima waited outside. The leader of the strike team went in and Cosima could hear then fighting. She burst in, gun raised and pointed at Sam. He held his hands up.

"Upstairs. Now. Go," the leader said. She obeyed, tossing him her gun. As soon as she left the room, she could hear them fighting again. She raced up the stairs, going to the man they called Pierce and the leader of Hydra. He needed her help, and she felt privileged.