25

|| Ryland's POV ||

"I'm telling you, Ry, this dipwad is psychotic." Ezra tells me for the fiftieth time, nervously.

"I know."

"No, you don't understand, bro, he's gunna kill me."

"I know." I repeat.

Ezra heavily sighs.

We sit on the brown couch in his living room anxiously. It's been a day since Ezra stormed out of the school doors.

Not only am I concerned about Ezra but I've been non-stop thinking about Everly. It's hard to get her off of my mind when she keeps calling me and I can't pick it up.

I don't want her involved with this. She means too much to me.

If she were to get hurt, I don't know what I would do with myself. I'm already scared that my best friend is going to die.

"How are you so calm about this?" Ezra asks.

"It's no better than freaking out like a little baby." I respond.

But I was scared. Hell, I might be more nervous than Ezra. Maybe more than Everly, if she was even concerning about us.

"I'm not freaking out like a baby." Ezra pouts, crossing his arms around his torso.

I roll my eyes at him in irritation at his stupidity. He's overly dumb, I swear.

I wish Ezra's stupidity was enough to distract me from what and who was in out near future, but Ez and I both know nothing could distract us enough.

~
|| Everly's POV ||

He wouldn't pick up his phone. He wouldn't answer my texts. I was beginning to get worried.

I walked to school alone today, entering the school alone. I probably looked as fragile as I felt. I had that feeling a lot. It was something so familiar yet something I couldn't explain.

It was as if someone could say one word and I would break. Someone could knock me over and I would shatter. But it wasn't all they're fault. If they did it, I would let them. And that's on me.

I had no courage. But when I was with Aries, I was courageous like a lion. The things i've said, the things i've done around him. I would've done none of it on my own.

Today, I decided to mind my own business and keep to myself. I didn't want to socialize with any human being that wasn't necessary. I wanted to be alone because that's how life was before I met Ryland.

On my way to class I was stopped by the one and only- Peightyn. Why can't life just give me a break from drama and fake people ruining my days?

Her shoulder collided into mine, knocking my earbud out of my right ear. I gasped at the sight of her.

"Hello, Everly!" She exclaimed sarcastically.

Can I just smack her already?

"Ugh, you again? I was hoping you jumped off a bridge." I fake-sniffle and stuck out my bottom lip as if I was sad. "Too bad you're still here."

I heard students laughing in the background. I wanted to laugh so hard but I had to keep my roasts professional.

"Haha! You're SO funny, Ev!" Peightyn fake giggled. "Too bad there aren't any bridges where we live."