Chapter 27 ✨

"At least he's finally breathing easier now." Sakura said while checking Sasuke's temperature.

I sat at the entrance of the cave staring at the sky. I decided to not say anything because I was afraid I would snap at her.

Isamu was laying across my lap and Isao was giving me a look.

"Haru we need to have a talk, I don't care if your teammate is going to hear it or not." He said looking over at Sakura who was now paying attention to us.

"What do you want?" I asked still looking out to the sky.

"What's this nonsense about wanting to leave the village huh? You can't joke around about shit like that." Isao lectured and I scoffed.

"Why don't you focus on Naruto and Sasuke, they're hurt." I said in a monotone voice.

Isao growled and looked out into the distance like myself. "I must leave, there's someone I must see. I'll see you all later." He said before disappearing leaving us in an uncomfortable silence.

"H-Haru?" Sakura called and I sighed.

"What?" I curtly asked. I seriously don't want to speak with her right now. I've beat myself up enough over this.

I'm supposed to be way stronger than this, right now I look like a petty damsel in distress. First Naruto, then Sasuke. If they didn't do that they may still be okay now.

I feel like a total weakling!! Useless!

"I just wanted to say sorry for lashing out like that... I don't want us to be mad at eachother." She said and I sigh heavily.

Great, now I'm petty and immature for not saying something first. "It's fine Sakura." I bluntly say.

It's really not!

"Sasuke's still got a high fever." She said trying to break the silence once again.

I clicked my tongue then turned around to face her, Isamu getting off my lap.

"I have an idea." I said. I took off my shirt leaving a long black sports bra under (with a tunic neck), I raced towards the nearby river and drenched my shirt in Cold water.

I raced back to the cave and saw Sakura staring at me with wide eyes. "What?" I asked nearing her and Sasuke.

"Y-your shirt!" She squeaked and I rolled my eyes. "Oooh seeing my belly is so revealing. Please." She still looked at me as if I've gone crazy as I put my wet shirt over his forehead.

Then I let go of my hair letting it drape all over my belly to give me a bit more coverage.

"We've both been useless Sakura." I whined leaning against Isamu who was trying to not fall asleep against the wall.

She sighed and looked back down at Sasuke "now we have no choice, it's up to us to protect them." She said.

I nodded and raised my gloved fist making Sakura arch a brow at me. "Truce?" I asked.

She smiled and punched my fist jokingly "Truce."

___________________

"Since when did you have that tattoo?" She asked eyeing my gloved hand. I sighed and banged my head against the floor.

"Sakura we may not be on bad terms now but I swear, playing twenty questions with you has been the most boring thing I've ever done in my life." I complained rolling around in total boredom.