His Master, Impure

__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

__________________________________Your POV:__________________________________

I continued holding onto Drossel as everyone filed into the room to face what was before us. It's a large space with big windows, lit up only by the light of the moon. It was enough to see Pluto's massive form laying in front of a chair with its back to us, completely docile. There was nothing else, no furniture aside from that.

"What is he doing here?" Ciel asked, shocked to find the hellhound there. Pluto spared us only a glance before turning to the figure in the chair and giving the white gloved hand on the armrest an affectionate lick. "And, why is he being so friendly?"

"I'm terribly sorry. My butler's incompetence prevents me from offering you hospitality."

"Don't be such a jerk! He just died for your sake," I snapped back at him, angered by his disregard of loyalty. Silence befell the room for a time before Ciel spoke.

"So, you're the one behind this. Why would you want to turn little girls into dolls?"

"Perfection is so difficult to attain, and when it is achieved, it is fleeting. Doll making is noble work. It preserves that which is most beautiful in this world. A doll is a perfect, little person, forever frozen in time," he explains.

"I have to disagree. Those little brats of yours were anything but lovely," Grell comments.

"Why are you after me? You won't win. I'm no one's doll, and I will never be a part of your collection. Here's your ring," Taking off the new ring from his finger, Ciel chucked it at the seat, sending it bouncing back onto floor.

"You ought to learn your place, boy."

"What?"

"My butler's head was filled with straw. With such limited intellect, I don't imagine he would understand why I wanted you." Both Sebastian and I glared at the chair, and if looks could kill, it would surely be set ablaze by now. "Ciel Phantomhive, the matter of your death has been dated since the day of your birth. That body you wear is unclean." Ciel's eye grew wide with fear as he recalled those wretched days of the past but quickly made himself firm again, though he could not help the slight stutter.

"How... How could you know about that?"

"I cannot allow someone like you to live in this world. Your existence is a desecration. Unclean, unnecessary, unwanted. That is why I intend to erase you." Pluto sat up at the side of the chair, his form towering and hunched as he stared at us.

"What?" The seat shook violently as the voice repeated itself, growing more delirious with each word.

"Snuff him out! He is unclean,  unnecessary, unwanted! End him! End him! End him!"

"Stop talking!" Having had enough, Ciel ran in front of the chair and froze when he found what was actually in it. The others followed him, but I sat on the carpeted ground, already knowing what was there. Instead I take to filling up the hole in Drossel's head with the fallen straw, maintaining that look of pity. Even his master, the one who brought him back to life, could care less about him. I felt the same about those I surround myself with. My parents and these characters, I don't think they care for me either, not deeply anyways, and Sebastian's words were proof of that. We are both unnecessary, and we are both unwanted.

"It's a puppet?" With a scream, Grell hid behind Sebastian when the little doll seated on the lap of a scarecrow moved slightly with a collection of clicks. It laughed psychotically, sending them all back a step as it jumped down and ran over Drossel's body and out of the room.

"Sebastian, go catch that thing!"

"The person pulling the strings is elsewhere, my lord. It won't do us any good to give chase." Sebastian looks around the room, narrowing his eyes as Grell trembled on his arm. "Now, I see. There were strings woven throughout the entire room. How very unpleasant." There was silence as Ciel stared down at the ring on the floor. His fist clenched then released, relaxing at his side. He was frustrated that he couldn't do anything more.

"Let us go now. I've had enough of this place." He walks out of the room into the workshop, the rest following as I remain in the threshold. While his butler picked up Elizabeth's unconscious form, he turned to me. "Aren't you coming?" I look down at my lap in thought, staring at Drossel's face since he laid upon it. He was unmoving, showing no signs of life. I touch his smooth cheek and say,

"No, I think I'll stay for a bit longer." I meet their questioning looks and Sebastian's suspicious gaze. "I want to give him a proper burial. He was doing his job as a butler to the best of his ability, and yet, his master insults him like that. I don't know why that's bothering me, but," I sigh. "I suppose I just feel bad for him."

"Very well." Ciel turns to leave, but I call out to him.

"Happy birthday, Ciel. I'll be sure to get you a present sometime." I smile at the boy, which likely resulted in him rolling his eyes, but when he faced me, he wore a small smile of his own. It made me feel appreciated. And so, the young earl left with Elizabeth, his butler, the reaper and Pluto, while I remained in that dark tower. I wasn't lying. I do wish to give Drossel a burial, but I think I'll fix him up first. I pick him up by hooking my arms under his armpits before dragging him over to the table he had set me on previously. I lay him across it and wonder how I should go about this. I've never repaired a doll before.

"All right, you creepy doll man, let's get you fixed up." I start by gathering supplies from around the room. How lucky that all the things needed to fix him were in this one room, though it made sense, since this is where he turns people into dolls.

"Let's hope I can put you back together again."