CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Cosima had been taken by William Stryker. He was the head of Hydra in a base in Sokovia. He was known for his wild experiments, and will some worked, most did not. Cosima had heard of him, but her mind had been wiped and she'd forgotten all about him. Yet his name did seem familiar, and she wanted to know why and how she'd heard it before.

Cosima woke up disorientated. She was not in a bed resting. She was not in a cell resting. She was on a metal table with no restraints. 

She sat up quickly. Blood rushed to her head. She had a massive headache. She looked around her. She was somewhere new, she knew that much. The room she was in was small. There was nobody else, but she felt watched. There was a camera in the far corner that seemed to be focused on her. It moved so it pointed at the door. Whoever was controlling it seemed to want her to go over to it.

So she did. There was a glass panel and she looked through it. Two guards caught her eye, opened the door and showed her two shocking devices. "Boss made these to kill people. Don't make us use them on you." Cosima nodded slightly and went where the guards were taking her.

They eventually ended up at a sort of training facility. It was a lot larger than the one back in her old base, wherever that was. She had no idea where she was now.

"Ah! Cosima, I believe!" a voice came. She looked over. It was the man who called himself Stryker - the man who was probably running this Hydra base. She looked at him. He was standing beside a boy and a girl who both looked as young as Cosima did. They seemed a little in awe of her. 

Stryker told the men to leave and they obeyed. He held full control here. If she was going to escape, she'd need to take him out first. "We're going to have so much fun here. I always believed that I would inherit you after Zola ... moved on, but Pierce had seemed to get control of you. Sad really. You'd have added so much here. You would have paved a way for the new recruits." Stryker looked at her. "Smile a little!" he said, tugging at the sides of her mouth. She took both of his hands and bent them backwards. 

She was going to bend them more, but suddenly it seemed that she was thrust against a wall. The boy, who had previously been far away from Stryker and her, was now in front of her, holding her throat. "What are you doing?" Cosima hissed.

"I'm protecting him," the man said. His accent was thick and it was hard to make out what it said. 

"You can let go Pietro. She's just like a startled animal. But she'll obey soon enough." A sick grin spread across Stryker's lips. 

"You don't have the machines to do that," Cosima said. Tears welled. "I won't let you. I-"

"You can't do anything C. You are mine now. Pierce may have gone easy on you, but you haven't reached your full potential yet. I will help you reach it." Stryker held out his hand.

Cosima put hers behind her back. "I will not participate. I have left Hydra behind. SHIELD is the way forward." 

Stryker's sickly smile turned into a tight frown. "Why can't you just see that I'm trying to help you. I helped Pietro and Wanda." He pointed back to the two people behind him. The girl - Wanda - crushed a piece of metal with some red, wispy thing that came out of her. The boy - Pietro - was doing laps around the training facility. It seemed he was very, very fast.

"I don't need your help." 

Stryker's face grew more knotted. Then a smile broke out. "You don't have a choice Cosima. And I'm going to make sure you never have a choice again." He started to stroll around her, closing her in a circle and trying to intimidate her, which was working. "Apparently, your partner, the Winter Soldier, was like you at first. He wouldn't do his missions. That's what reports said anyway. So they came up with a little rhyme that once said, would cast a spell on him and make him only think of doing that task."

Cosima knew this to be true. She had been told, or at least she thought she remembered, that if she did not complete missions to the full, she'd have the same device installed in her head. Cosima shivered, giving away to Stryker that she knew.

"So you do know. Well, that's our first task then."

Cosima's heart ripped. She screamed at Stryker and lunged for his, pinning him to the ground. She took out one wing and scratched his cheek before Pietro had her on the floor and was trying to knock her unconscious. He had sad, sad eyes. He looked like he regretted everything he had been through, as was the same with Cosima. 

Cosima let herself be knocked out. Maybe she'd find a little peace in the darkness rather than living a little.

For the first time in a while, she was afraid of what would happen to her.