Chapter 15

Elenor's PoV:

We pulled up to a beautiful house and got out of the car. When we were about to knock the door open and in front of us stood two girls identical to each other..

"Alex," they both said as they ran to him and hugged him

"Alex," they both said as they ran to him and hugged him. Then two more people showed up at the door. They looked like older versions of Alex and the two girls.

"Hello, son," the older lady said. They hugged, and then Alex hugged the older man who I'm guessing is his dad.

"Mom, Dad, this is Eleanor, my mate," Alex said, pointing to me. Then I got tackled with hugs coming from both his mom and sisters.

"It is so nice to meet you, sweetheart. My name is Evelin, and this is my husband Marcus," She says with a big smile on her face. "And this is our two daughters Amber and Blue," She adds to her previous statement.

After everyone is introduced to each other and they have tackled Jem just like they did to me, we went to the kitchen to have dinner. When we were done and had heard multiple stories of all the guys from Evelin, which she insisted that we call her that, we helped clean up while the boys went to the living room.

"That's a nice tattoo you have dear what does it represent, or is it a birthmark like Ashley has," Evelin asks me pointing to my showing marks. I look at Ashley and Jem; they both look confused about what to say.

"Uh well, it's a birthmark I have always had it. Jem has one too," I say and gain a glare from Jem for throwing her under the bus too.

"Really, what do they symbolize?" She asks curiously as to why we have them.

"Uhm well, you see the symbols represent the elements," Jem says to her. She seems to be thinking for a while but doesn't say anything.

We go into the living room, and Evelin still has a concerned and confused look on her face. Everyone seems to notice, and they stop talking. The boys look at us with faces that ask what happened, and we just show them our marks. This causes more confusion, especially to Alex's dad, because he doesn't know about it.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong," Mr. King asks his wife. She just looks at him then at us three. What she says next has me worried.

"They have marks just like Amber and Blue," She says, " it's just theirs are on their wrist and not on the back of their necks."

"WHAT!" Jem and I scream at her at the top of our lungs.

"What do you mean Amber and Blue have marks like ours," I ask, trying to calm down. Everyone just looks at me, confused as to what is going on.

"Uhm yeah, our daughters have an arrow birthmark on the back of their necks," Mr. King says.

"No, it can't be. Why didn't Aya sense them? She would have told you, wouldn't she have," Jem asks me confused just like me.

"What is going on," Mr. King asks, "Is something wrong with our daughters having those birthmarks."

I ignore him and everyone's looks they were giving us. I open my element mind-link with Jem and also Ashley.

"What is going on? Why did you guys freak out when she said that," Ashley asks us.

"Ashley, there are not only elements involved in this; there are also other things," I tell her because we still haven't told her everything.

"Yea and people that have arrows on their necks are protectors, but it would take Elie to wake up their protector. Also, both of us would have to help her," Jem tells her.

"They are indeed protectors, but I still need to see their mark," Aya finally says.

"Wow thanks and where the hell have you been," I ask her.

"Sorry, I sense their protector, but I needed to make sure it was true. It is unheard of for twins to be protectors," Aya tells us.

"Then how come they are," Ashley asks her.

"I don't know, but it could do with the fact that they have alpha blood, so their protectors are stronger than usual. So, it would take two of them to handle the power," Aya tells us.

"Okay, Ashley, go get the girls," I tell her, and we disconnect from our mind-link conversation.

When we come back, we see everyone looking at us, and we ignore them. I just nod at Ashley as a way to tell her to get the girls.

"Okay, So the marks that your daughters have are marks of protectors. The reason they don't know about it is that it is locked up in them," I tell them," You see Jem, Ashley and I are elements. This gives us the power to control one of the elements. Jem can control the air, Ashley can control fire, and I can control all of them."

"How is this possible," Mr. King asks us.

"Well, we have this power, I guess you could say because the moon goddess blessed us with them," Jem tells them.

Then Ashley walks in with the twins. They look confused as to what is going on and why they are down here.

"Uh, I know this is going to sound strange but can you girls show me the marks you have on your necks," I ask trying not to sound like a weirdo.

The girls nod and show me their necks

The girls nod and show me their necks. Then I see it the arrow that symbolizes protector. My heart dropped at that moment. These two girls were about to get their life practically taken away from them. They would have to learn to fight and protect themselves just like Jem, and I had to. Why did it have to be them, they are too young to learn to kill. I look at Jem, and she gives me the same look I had on my face. Then I look at Mr. and Mrs. King with sadness and pity on my face. They seem to notice, and Mrs. King has tears coming down her face the minute she sees the looks on our face. When I look at Ashley and see that our wolfs must have filled her in on what is going on because she has the same look as well.

"I'm sorry, but I can't and won't ruin two girls' lives," I say and go to walk out, but Jem and Ashley hold me back. At this point, I have tears rolling down my eyes.

"Jem, I can't. You guys know what they will go through. Jem, you and I can handle it because we have all our lives, but they are only 15 years old and have never dealt with this. I won't ruin their lives; I can't." I say, crying, and then I feel arms being wrapped around me.

When I look to see who it is, I see Alex, and then I notice Josh had Jem, who was crying, and Caleb had Ashley, who was also crying. Mr. King was consoling his wife, and Rodney had both the twins wrapped up in his arms. They looked so scared, and I know from their look that I can't do this to them. And if I do, I will have to train them extra hard to make sure they never feel pain like Jem, and I have felt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you Enjoyed

Edited 04/26/20