Chapter 18 ~ Hide and Seek

Author's POV

"Let's play hide and seek then!" You cheered, making the two skeletons smile, but kind of insanely.

"well, who's gonna hide and who's gonna seek?" Killer asked while Dust tapped his chin with his phalanges.

"(y/n) and me could hide while you seek." Dust suggested as he wrapped an arm around you, pulling you closer. Killer silently death glared Dust.

Killer huffed, "but i wanna hide too!"

"you should've said it faster then." Dust shrugged as he smirked.

"hm..." Killer then had an idea. "how 'bout another player? we could ask horror to be seeker."

You just smiled at them in excitement, not knowing what would happen if you agreed. "Yay! More players!" You may have been seventeen years old but you had that childish side still in you, plus you haven't played that game in a long time, so why not give it a shot?

Killer then suddenly grabbed your hand plus the end of the leash and started to walk, practically dragging you behind him in the process. "w-well, then let's not waste any more time!" His blush was barely visible, so you couldn't really see it, but the tiny blush on your own cheeks wasn't as insvisible. And that made Dust feel a pang of jealousy within his SOUL, but he didn't go between you, he thought you wouldn't like him then.

'Wait, why would I think such thing? I shouldn't care about a human's judgement!' 'BUT YOU SOOO DO, BROTHER!' Fanboyed Papyrus's voice again. Dust whipped his skull around just to realize that his brother's "ghost" was nowhere to be seen.

After a while had you reached Horror's bedroom. You were about to lightly knock on his door, but Killer pulled you back from the door. "hold on, let's not knock like normal visitors. after all, we wanna make an epic entrance." He said with a mischievious smirk as he nodded towards Dust. The skeleton knew what Killer's plan was, so what he did next startled you a bit. He summoned a big skull of what seemed like a dog. Apparently was it charging some kind of laser because a bright purple light formed in the skull's mouth. Suddenly made Dust a movement with his hand which made the skull shoot at the door. You were to shocked to stop him. Sure, you've seen a lot of weird shit before, but this shit was new for you. However, when the laser hit the door was it blocked by some kind of magicproof wall.

But then was the door opened by none other than Horror himself, and he gave the other two skeletons a disapproving look. "what the fuck was that about? you could've just knocked, you know?"

Dust sheepishly smiled as he made the flowing skull disappear. Killer on the other hand chuckled. "welp, we're not sorry since we couldn't blow up your door anyway. but we'd like to ask if ya wanna play with us hide and seek. we thought that you could seek while we hide." He offered while Horror seemed to be in thought. Once his red eye met your (e/c) orbs he could feel his face slightly heat up, but he came to an answer by just looking at you.

"sure, i-i mean i don't have anything else to do. but on one condition, no teleporting." Dust and Killer looked at each other and nodded, silently crossing their phalanges. "alright, where should i start counting?"

Dust's POV

We left Horror to count to fifty in the living room. And like an idiot teleported I off to the bathroom since I knew Horror wouldn't look in there. But why I called myself is simple-- I left (Y/N) alone with Killer, and Papyrus wouldn't stop bugging me with this mistake.

'YOU COULD HAVE HELD HER HAND, GET CLOSER TO HER IN A HIDING SPOT WITH SMALL SPACE... HECK! YOU COULD HAVE VE EVEN TOUCHED HER SOFT LIPS WITH YOUR TEETH. WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO LEAVE HER ALONE WITH SOME OTHER SKELETON WHO MIGHT JUST DO THE SAME TO HER?' Now that was something I would have never expected to hear from Papyrus. I could clearly feel my cheekbones burning in embarrassment at his words, mostlikely because what he said was true. I could have... wait, no, I can't just think something like that. She's just a pet. But I couldn't get that feeling of anger off my chest at the thought of Killer touching (Y/N).

"shh! shut up, bro, i'm hiding!" I whisper-yelled at my brother's flying skull, trying not to give away my position too fast. Horror is usually good at hearing his prey, a.k.a the hiders when they make any type of noise. And unfortunately seemed it as if he heard me. How did I know? Well, he broke down the bathroom door with his axe.

"i found you." He said as he harshly grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the bathroom before letting me go. "i'll go search around the house area, you go search in the activities area. I groaned. The activities area contained rooms like the training area, the swimming pool, the arcade and the arena. The house area only contained simple rooms like the living room, kitchen and bedrooms, so Horror basically just gave himself less area to search in.

Killer's POV

I didn't know why, but I was quite happy to be alone with (Y/N). It took me only one minute to find a good hiding spot on my bedroom's closet right behind the door, however, only one hider could hide on it. I wanted to hold (Y/N) with me on the closet but she said that it might not hold so I didn't argue back. She then told me that she would search for another hiding spot. I kind of felt bad when she vanished from my sight. But I didn't run after her and just leaned back. There wasn't really time to hide anyway, Horror should already be searching for about seven minutes. And it's not heaven, this game is actually hell if you suddenly lose control. Which is what i fear could happen. We haven't played hide and seek ever since that one incident with another human who suggested to play it. They ended up dead, obviously, which left Nightmare no other choice than to ban the game from the castle when a human is being kept as pet. Well, we broke yet another one of the boss's rules.

I was thinking if I should change my hiding spot or not when suddenly my room door opened, revealing Horror, who had an insane grin on his skull... Don't tell me he lost control this early. He could never kill me, that's for sure, but he could still go against (Y/N) if she gets found, and it seemed as if she hadn't been found yet.

Horror glanced around the room, checking every inch with his red eye, which glowed in the darkness of the room. But then he started to darkly chuckle. "come out, come out killer, i know you're in here. show yourself or i will drag you out myself."

I decided to just glare at him from up the closet, I could look over the edge of the door, so I could glare at him. Suddenly threw he his axe swiftly at my skull. As I managed to dodge his attack, he said, "found ya. nice spot by the way, almost didn't notice ya, but that feeling of someone watching me from above gave you away." "dang'it!" We then split up, but I swear I heard him say something.

"two down, one more left to go."

[Published: 7/5/17]