Two

Hermione made her way to the Great Hall for the Welcome Feast. Along the way she spotted Malfoy and walked over to him.

"Hey, Malfoy!" Hermione called out, grabbing his attention away from his friends. Draco bid them a goodbye before meeting her halfway.

"Granger," Draco replied. "I take it you've talked to Headmistress McGonagall."

"I have," Hermione nodded. "It'll be a pleasure to work with you on this project."

"So you agreed, then?"

"Yes, I agreed. Although me agreeing wouldn't have changed anything as we still would've been partnered up. Us agreeing has just made this a more civil partnership."

"You're still a little know-it-all, aren't you Granger?" Draco chuckled, a smirk forming on his face as he looked down at the witch.

Hermione had definitely grown into her body along the years. Her before bushy hair was now silky smooth, hanging down her shoulders in ringlets. Draco wondered what it'd feel like to run his fingers through her hair.

"And you're still as cocky as ever," she mumbled in response. Draco laughed again.

"Well, we might as well make the best of it. We're going to be stuck together all year with kids."

"Oh Godric, don't remind me," Hermione groaned.

They walked together into the Great Hall, splitting up to go to their own houses table. At the top where the Professors and Headmistress sat, McGonagall smiled, already knowing that her plan to unite the houses and maybe make a couple out of the two had been put into place.

. . .

"I'd like to ask all seventh years to please stay behind as I have some announcements for all of you. Sixth year prefects, please take the rest of your house back to your Common Room as classes start back up bright and early tomorrow morning for everyone."

There was some chaos as the prefects tried getting the younger years in order, leading their houses to their respectful Common Rooms. Once they were gone McGonagall conjured up one small table and the ten seventh years moved to sit around it.

"As you all know a new class called Parenting 101 has been put into effect by the Ministry. You will be paired up and then you and your partner will receive a letter from the Minister himself explaining exactly what you'll be doing. Your pairings have already been decided by the Ministry but I also had a say in who was paired so please keep that in mind."

The ten students all looked at each other, two of them already knowing that they were paired together.

"Right then, for the pairings. Mr. Potter and Miss. Weasley, Mr. Longbottom and Miss. Lovegood, Mr. Weasley and Miss. Parkinson, Mr. Zabini and Miss. Brown, and Mr. Malfoy and Miss. Granger," McGonagall read off the scroll in her hands.

"What?! You can't put Hermione with that git!" Ron yelled out, his face turning red.

"Mr. Weasley, I ask that you kindly take your seat and quiet down. I've already spoken to Miss. Granger and Mr. Malfoy about this and they've both agreed to the pairing."

Ron sat down, although his face was still an ugly shade of red and he was still very upset.

"Now, as you've seen, the Ministry has added a new building to Hogwarts. This will be known as the Parenting Ward. You ten will all be living there. Each pair has their own little flat inside of the building that contains a kitchen, living room, two bedrooms, and two bathrooms."

McGonagall watched as the ten students took in the words she had just spoken. Before starting up again, she waved her hand and packets showed up in front of each pair.

"Inside of these are your letters from the Ministry as well as the keys to your flats. All of your stuff has already been moved into your respective flats so there's no need to worry about any of that. I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow morning as Parenting 101 is your first class. Goodnight."

And with that McGonagall left the Great Hall, leaving the ten students to stare at each other before they slowly but quietly made their way to their new rooms with their pairs.