Prince!Matt <>My Hero<>

A/N: First request! Hooray! This one is for the lovely Peridot__The_Dorito hope you enjoy this one!

You had been friends with Edward Gold, longer than you could remember. So when he asked you to help him with a find and rescue mission abroad, you naturally said yes.

What exactly you had agreed to, you were unsure. Edward refused to tell you while you were on the train. He didn't even tell you when you got there! Nor did he tell you after you asked one last time, after the incident with a man acusing the pair of you of staring at his ass. You would never! His mule wasn't even that impressive to begin with. No, all he would tell you is that 'you would find out'

"Alright!" You declared after a semi-awkward scilence. "Where do we start?" You asked him, turning to your green clad friend.

"Well that old saloon looks like a good place to start" He chimed, pointing to said building.

Nodding your agreement the two of you strolled into the saloon, which was rather empty.

"What'll it be?" The barkeep asked as you both sat down in front of the counter.

"I'll have a beer please" Edward requested, proper as always.

"As will I" You stated, watching as said drinks were practically slammed in front of you.

"The names Gold! Detective Edward Gold!" He stated, sliding a photo to the man behind the counter.

"My friend (Y/N) and I are looking for a member of the British royal family" He informed, his voice taking a grim tone. "He's gone missing you see."

"Edward!" You gaped, staring down at the picture. "Why didn't you tell me the prince-!" You were cut off by a man who had been leaning against the wall.

"Was he nailed to the floor?" He asked. Both you and the brunette beside you gave him an odd look.

"Uhm... No?" Your statement came out as more of a question.

"Then he was taken by bandits." He stated matter-of-factly.

"How'd you know?" Your friend piped up.

"Anything that ain't nailed down gets taken by bandits around here" He explained.

"Have you told the sheriff?" You questioned.

"I am the sheriff."

"Sheriff Thompson!" Both of you exclaimed together.

"I was told you'd be willing you help us" Edward continued.

You drown the pair out for a moment, staring at the picture of the prince. He certainly didn't look half bad at all. You tugged lightly at your (F/C) bandanna as you felt your face heat up. What was the prince really like? Was he truly as kind as they said? Handsome and benevolent, what more could you want?

Little did you know that conversation with the sheriff was  the beginning of an unlikely friendship. Hell he'd even trusted you and Edward with your own guns! Never mind the fact that neither of you knew how to properly use them.

This whole 'cleaning up the town' thing, clearly wasn't your thing. It almost surprised you how bad you and Edward messed this up.

Both of you surely had your reasons, you know you did. Every time you almost caught someone, almost did something, you found your mind wandering to the prince. No matter how you tried you couldn't get him out of your head. Even if you knew you shouldn't think this way.

So now here you were, wallowing in your self-pity in the bar. Your head was on the counter and you fumbled with your (S/F/C) vest in the meantime, while Edward mumbled to himself.

"Barkeep, get these two some whiskey." Thompson demanded.

"Sorry sheriff, bandits took all the whiskey" This reply only got one thing from the blue clad man. A destressed cry. And a loud one at that.

"What do you have?" Edward asked.

You raised your head to look at him.

"New drink, just came in, they're calling it 'coo-la', sounds fancy"

"Well, it couldn't hurt to try" He muttered, popping the cork and taking a swig of the fizzing drink.

"How is it?" You asked, tying your bandanna back on.

Edward never did reply. His brown eyes widened for a moment, before he sped off. You and Thompson shared equally confused glances.

Soon after you discovered that he had indeed 'cleaned up the whole town' as promised. Now as promised, Thompson was helping you rescue prince Matthew.

The three of you glared up at the bandits, who surprisingly resembled you. The one with dark (H/C) hair and an off, dull (F/C) shirt on bothered you for some odd reason, even more so than the others did.

"Alright you bandits-!" Edward starting, taking a step forward, but was cut off by gunfire and his own scream.

You both dove behind a rock, and that's when you saw him. The prince, crouching behind another rock with the sheriff. When your (E/C) orbs and his crystal blue ones met, you swore your heart stopped.

"Ever'body needs a lil' something" Thompson said, snapping you and Matthew both out of your daze.

"You got this!" You encouraged.

Before you knew it, it was over. The bandits were properly arrested, and you, Edward and the prince were about to head home.

You watched as Matthew 'shoo'ed  two girls he had just been talking to, in favor of walking up to you.

"My hero!" He exclaimed, kneeling in front of you.

"Y-your majesty!" You cried, your face burning bright red. "I surely do not deserve such an honor!" Softly grabbing his hand, you pulled him off the ground.

"Nonsense my fair (Y/N)! You saved my life!" He assured. "And for your reward" He claimed, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

You opened your mouth to speak, but never got a word out as you felt a soft pair of lips press against yours.

"You may go on a date, with me, what do you say (Y/N)?" And all you could manage was a nod.

Edd softly closed the old diary in front of him as he turned back to his friends.

"Sheriff Thompson?! Detective (Y/N)?!" He gaped.

"What? No! We just needed some dry clothes" Tom explained as you helped Matt out of the cage he managed to get locked in.

"Yay! (Y/N) saved me!" Matt cheered, lifting them in his arms, and giving them a sweet peck on the lips.

"The rain stopped! We should get home!" The (H/C)-ette spoke, prying Matt off them in favor of holding hands.

"Everybody needs a little something" Edd mused with a smile. The boy in the green hoodie turned back to the statue. Grabbing the 'coo-la' he popped the cork and took a swig.

The large group walked home, Matt and (Y/N) not once letting go of the others hand.

Edd smiled, he always thought they made a cute couple. He was also beginning to think he shouldn't have drank that soda.

A/N: Wow, this one was long! I'm amazed how quickly I actually got it done! Sorry if it wasn't what you were expecting! -Daybreak