Chapter One

(A/N This story might be seen as a little unconventional but I think it will have a point behind it. There will be sex, mature language and possibly other things. Sex will be an important part of the story so I'm begging you, please don't read it if sex, especially BoyxBoy makes you uncomfortable. Thanks! ~MacBeka)

I was halfway through my second year of college and the time had come again for me to debate whether I should be here. I was twenty-five years old surrounded by a load of sixteen and eighteen year olds. I'd left school as soon as I could; I hated it. I managed to find a few jobs that kept me awake all round the clock because I could hardly afford the rent for my tiny flat. The bar work was good but I didn't always go home with the amount I wanted; the waiting tables in a restaurant wasn't amazing... I was harassed by my boss every shift. He seemed to think that just because I was a young guy in need of work he could do whatever he wanted to me. He didn't care if I was gay or not, he just went ahead and did it anyway, and I was so desperate for the job I didn't say anything about it. The cleaning in the nights was the worst; badly paid and long hours.

Eventually I got chatting to some woman on the bus and I just blurted out all my problems to her... She just listened and let me cry on her shoulder. She asked me why I didn't go to college if it was so bad, and that got me thinking. I started looking online in an Internet café at local colleges and found a couple with courses I was interested in and applied for a grant. I got it, and thought I was dreaming... A three year course paid for in full. Of course there would be the debt afterwards but I could deal with that. I kept my job at the bar and-

"Kaidan!" A hand clamped down on my shoulder, making me jump. I looked up and Sam was stood beside me, his green eyes glittering as they always did. "What are you doing?"

"I'm supposed to be revising for that test next week but I just can't," I replied, sighing frustratedly.

"Seriously, you need to relax, Kai. Why don't you come clubbing with me and the guys tonight? It'll get your mind off this damn test, eh?"

"Clubbing? No, Sam, I don't think..."

"You never know, you might find a pretty girl! How long's it been since you got laid?"

Never, I replied in my head. I was a complete and utter virgin... And gay, but nobody knew any of that.

I shrugged noncommittally. "I don't know," I replied casually.

Sam rolled his eyes. "Whatever. You could have any girl you wanted." He put an arm around my shoulders and gestured all around the library, despite the fact it was nearly empty. "Just come tonight, please. You might enjoy it."

I sighed, knowing I wasn't going to win this fight. "What type of club?"

Sam grinned triumphantly. "Just some local nightclubs. We're gonna get so hammered."

I didn't bother replying. Sam didn't know that I was struggling for cash. I could just about afford to feed myself every day, let alone go out drinking. But nobody needed to know that.

"Fine, whatever. I'll go."

"Yes! The guys will be so thrilled. We've not had you with us for ages!"

Sam sped away, ignoring the glares he was getting. His enthusiasm was so typical for a nineteen year old. I had a feeling that the guys we hung out with didn't even like me. I was five years older than most of them and that was 'uncool' apparently. Sam and I were only friends because we sat next to each other in class and lectures.

I sighed to myself and stood, packing away my things into my bag and left the library quietly, heading back to my flat to try and find something decent to wear.

(A/N I'll be the first to admit this chapter is a little boring but the story will soon pick up do bear with me :) Photo to the side is Chace Crawford, how I see Kaidan. This chapter is dedicated to OmnipotentSadist, who writes some of the most amazing stories and is a fellow cat lover ~MacBeka)