Chapter 5

"What just happened in there?"
Whitley asked me as I sniffle and dry tears from my eyes.

She doesn't know what I just dealt with. I have been dealing with little boys like these for most of my life. They think that it's only joke but no, it actually hurts.

The fact that the nigga has name Donald and has the audacity to talk to me the way he did makes me angry.

"Well what exactly did he say?"
"He said at least everyone in the party could see him."  I sighed.

"Could see him? I-"  Whitley was utterly confused which is expected because I didn't really give her a good explanation.

"Could see him. Are you following along hun?" I pointed to the back of my hand insinuating my skin tone.

Her eyes widened in shock. "Where is he?" She gritted her teeth and pulled back the sleeves on her dress. This was ultimately a sign that she was about to throw them hands.

Instead I tried to pull her back it was just time for me to go home now people know why I don't like going out so much, cause niggas that's why.

"No don't hold me back that colorist bastard needs to get some sense knocked in to him." Whitley argues while taking out her jewels that were connected to her ear lobes.

"Woah baby where you going?" Dalvin came over and his eyebrows shifted up to the point where he almost looked like the grinch who stole Christmas.

"First off my name isn't baby and second to go knock some sense into your high yella brother." Dalvin laughed because to him it seemed contradicting.

"Whitley your just as yellow if not more, go to the kitchen and calm your self down we not gonna let a little incident ruin the fun."
He said putting his hand over his face.

"My dumb a-"  he stopped when he saw me looking at him.

"I forgot you were here uhh?"
"Cece." I finished his sentence because it was obvious he didn't remember my name.
"Well look I apologize on behalf of my brother what he said was ignant-and that isn't a representation of me and what I believe." I knew there was a reason they looked familiar because they were siblings.

"No offense Dalvin but I hate your brother." I said rolling my eyes and then I walked out the front door of the house as I heard Dalvin sigh.

Remind me not to let Whitley encourage me to get into anything else.

****
Donald Degrate Jr. ~

She poured punch on my shirt as I clenched my jaw. I don't even know why she took it so serious I was only messing around.
But ya see they get in their feelings too much. I watched how she walked passed the crowd with her shoulders hunched and how shaky her hands were getting.

Then I saw my brother talking to her and she walked out I don't know what he said to her to make her leave but thank God she's gone.

"Yo D you need to chill out, now one of the finest honeys just left our party cause of you."
Dalvin came to me with a irritated demeanor as his eyebrows arched themselves higher and higher.
"I know you ain't talking about that girl who just wasted the punch I paid for, on me."

"The girl name is Cece. You should get to know people instead of mean mugging people all of the time. No wonder girls don't dig you." He said back to me sucking his teeth.

"Well I don't care who likes me and who doesn't." I argued back.
Truthfully I don't because she's just like the other girls at school who don't care about me they say that I'm dumb and that I won't amount to anything. And that Cecil Rhodes girl probably thinks the same. If I'm lucky I'll be out of north Charlotte high in no time and want have to deal with people who stick up there noses at me. Maybe they are right, maybe I want amount to anything. Maybe I'll go be a drug dealer and move to Calibasas California or some sh-
"D you alright man?" Dalvin asked as he tapped my shoulders awakening me out of my thoughts.
" yeah I'm just ready for this party to end." I shrugged my shoulders halfway telling the truth cause niggas don't show emotions that's the bro code. Soon we wrapped the party up sending everyone home.

We had to clean up all the cups off the floor and clean stains out the chair. I even had to wash something that smelled like a mixture of pee and fish it was revolting my nigga.

" Mary Jane showed up Donald." Cedric said tugging on my shirt like an annoying little cousin that have boogers in their noses.

" cool and?" " what you mean and? The woman is fione." He exaggerated.

"If she so fine go with her, been there, done that, bought the t-shirt."
"Dang I ain't know it was like that! Last year she had your nose wide open and now you act like she don't matter."

" cause She don't." I said.

"I hate to hear you talk that way about me Donny." I heard the click of heels behind me as I turned around. It was Mary Jane. The woman who stole and broke my heart all at the same time. There was a time I went against my family for her. I changed who I was to be with her.

But I guess I wasn't good enough.
" if the shoe fits wear it." I said partly being smart. As she scoffed and returned back to that fake smile that all the brothers were bound to notice.
"Come on Donny you aren't over that little thing yet?" That thing she was talking about is when I found her cheating on me with my older cousin Aaron. If she calls that little,then boy she has some issues. But then again don't we all.
" I don't wanna talk about this out here." It was getting embarrassing and I didn't want the boys to know all my business unless I told it.

"Well what about your room?" She said. I could tell what her thought process was but nope not today.

" on second thought spill." I said in a conscious effort not to be trapped in a situation I didn't want to take part in.
"Donny you know you wanna come back." She whined.
"Is that all?" I was unimpressed once you are not true to your word your basically dead to me.

"Please take me back." She continues whining crawling on the floor holding my legs.

"Mary Jane have some dignity and go find your sister Sue cause I don't got the time for this tonight. We are through." I pointed to the door for her to walk out as she stopped her shenanigans.

***