Chapter Twelve

**Ash's point of view**

As I walked into my house, my pulse started speeding up. I wasn't really ready to face Drew, but I knew I had to, and I also needed to fix things with Macie.

I made my way to the lounge room and spotted Drew lying on the couch. I jumped up next to him, causing Drew to startle.

"Hey, brother." I said with a smile, because Jace had put me in a good mood, and I was happy that we were what we were, whatever that was.

"Hi, why'd you go to Jace's house? I thought you hated him."

"I grew up and moved on."

"Uh-huh." Drew said sarcastically, nodding. "You didn't seem so grown up when you barged out of the house the other day."

"I had every right to do that!" I yelled, then lowered my voice. "I'm not in the mood to fight. Let's just move on, 'kay?"

"Macie is mad at you. She wouldn't tell me why though." He told me, changing the subject.

"I need to talk to her." I replied, sighing. I think I needed to tell her about me, but not about Jace and I. Jace was far from ready and I wasn't going to lose him.

"Talk to who?" questioned a voice from behind me.

I turned around and saw Macie coming through the front door. I looked back at Drew and raised an eyebrow. "You knew she was coming?"

Drew nodded and sighed. "I'm going to Jace's. He got into trouble at school today and I have to save him from death. You two have fun talking!" He got up and grabbed his keys.

"Why death?" Macie asked, sitting down beside me.

"His parents are going to shoot him, because he got into trouble. They're trying to stop him from becoming like Damo, but I don't think they realise that Jace is already like him." Drew explained.

"I'm glad you're not like that, Drew." Macie said, smiling at Drew.

Drew smiled back, shooting Macie a look that made me slightly nervous. He waved goodbye and left the house.

I turned to look at Macie, my mind set on asking her what that look was about, but instead she asked, "You're gay?"

I blinked at her and rolled my eyes. "Oh my god, why's everyone in my life so straightforward?"

Macie punched me in the shoulder. "Stop avoiding the question. Though, to be fair, I already know the answer."

"How?"

Macie let out a laugh and looked at me like I was crazy. "You look at Louis like he's a sex God, and Jace like you actually like him. It's a little obvious."

"A little, hey?" I mocked, blushing from the mention of Jace and Louis. God, I can't believe this is happening.

"Okay, fine, a lot obvious." Macie corrected herself.

"This just happened." I said in disbelief. "So you're not mad at me anymore?"

"Nah, I wasn't really in the first place. I was just frustrated that you were being so careless about Drew's feelings. Anyway, let's watch Perks." Macie suggested.

I nodded and put on 'Perks of Being a Wallflower'. About halfway through the movie, I heard the front door being slammed shut.

"Hey kids! Where's Andrew, Ashy?" Mum asked. I rolled my eyes and got up from the couch, after glancing at a sleeping Macie. God, her sleeping habits scared me.

"Hush, woman. Mace is asleep." I said, sitting down next to Mum on the bar stool. "And Drew's gone to Jace's house. Something about saving him from death."