8.

unedited.

+pleasevoteandshare

***

"Yuki--" Emiko called for her sister to turn away from her and walk away. She felt a bit dejected.

For the rest of the day, Yuki had been ignoring her. She really didn't mean to scold her, but being older than her Emiko thought it would be right to show her right and wrong, especially at this stage where she is growing up. Without their mother, or Kaname, and without Yuki's memories, Yuki was her responsibility.

It wasn't right for Yuki to complain about Kaien's food that he put his time and effort in to feed them-- well, more of to feed Yuki. Emiko only survived on blood.

Emiko sighed and ran over, grabbing Yuki's hand, trying to pull her to stop. Yuki tried her best to pull away her hand, but the more she pulled the more it hurt her. Emiko had a tight grip on her and wouldn't let her go no matter how hard she pulled. This angered Yuki more than she was before. Why couldn't she just let go?!

"Yuki, please listen," Emiko pleaded her with a soft voice, trying to calm her. "I'm sorry if I made you displeased with me, but I had no intentions to hurt you."

Yuki stopped struggling and turned to look at her sister with narrowed eyes. Emiko's eyes slightly widened seeing the amount of fury in her eyes. She seemed indignant, but for what reason? She couldn't be so angry at such a little thing, could she?

Managing to distract Emiko in her thoughts, Yuki gave her arm a strong pull. "Get off of me!" She yelled.

In one move, she was able to yank her arm away from Emiko's tight grip however in the process she accidentally knocked her elbow into Emiko's chest, sending her falling to the floor.

Yuki's eyes widened when she realised what she had done. She stood there, struggling to push out words from her throat as she watched Emiko slowly sitting up from her position, holding on to her arm. Yuki gulped when she noticed that Emiko had hurt her arm when she fell. She quickly ran over to her sister, and dropped onto her knees as she reached over to try and support the weight of her arm as tears formed in corner of her eyes.

Emiko hushed Yuki's cries, not wanting to disturb Kaien who was in a room on the other side of the house filling out stressful paperwork. Yuki was too busy crying when someone nudged her. With wet eyelashes, Yuki gazed at Emiko's eyes before she was gestured to look down. When she did she managed to catch sight of the hand that held on to the injured arm. A blue light shone under the hand and Yuki watched in awe as the light reflected in her red-brown eyes.

Slowly the blue light became dim and soon faded away. Emiko lifted the hand away and moved her arm, showing Yuki that it was perfectly fine now. Yuki sniffled and burst out into tears again before jumping on to Emiko for a big hug.

A memory reoccurred in Yuki's mind.

30th of December, 2000 | six years ago.

I remember that very day I was walking, as if I was in some sort of trance. I didn't know why, but from some reason I found myself in the middle of nowhere. It was a snowy day and the now that built up higher and higher though it only managed to covered my little feet. When I woke up from that trance, someone pulled me over and wrapped their arms around my head.

There was girl in front of me, more or so trying to cover me from a pair of hungry red eyes. The girl shielded me from the figure that was standing a few steps away from us.

I observed the strangers fearfully. The man looked very scary. His eyes were glowing red and his smile was creepily wide, his teeth showing off what looked like fangs. He looked like he was going to eat me. It was weird because he looked like a normal person. What was he?

"Are you lost, little girls?" He questioned, though none of us answered.

"You don't belong here." The girl finally said.

My eyes widened, thinking that she was talking to me. I lifted my head to look at her to only perceive the fact that she was actually talking to the scary man. I quietly observed her.  She didn't look any older than I did, but she might at least be one or two years older than me.Her waist-length hair looked white, reminding me of snow.Her eyes were scary though since one eye was red and the other was blue. Though her eyes may look scary, something about it made me fascinated with it, it was alluring. She didn't turn to look at me at all, instead she was gazing at the man threateningly.

"Come now, just a little taste?" The man said, maliciously.

The girl tightened her arms around me, holding me closely to her as she tensed as if waiting to attack if he got any closer. However, in only a few steps towards us, someone else covered our view of him. It was tall boy dressed in a long, faded purple coat. I was curious as to who our rescuer was as his back faced us. I couldn't see his face, but his hair brown and curled at the ends, blowing along with the wind.

Something red splattered, tainting the colour of the snow. My eyes widened as I immediately became scared. What was going on?

The scary man screeched before he faded into dust that was carried away by the wind. He turned to his face us and the girl's arms slowly released me. Tears formed in my eyes as I tried to grab the girl but she already out from my reach and her small figure was running to the boy. His eyes were red, just like the scary man, and he too had fangs. His arm was covered with blood. He cleaned the blood off by licking it and when he became aware that the girl was running to him he caught her and carried her up into his arms. My curiosity wondered who she was to him.

He then approached me, stopping in front of me within arm's reach. He then held a hand for me to take just as the girl turned to gaze her stare at me. Her eyes were glowing too. The red eye and blue eye were glowing brightly and in fact, they were glowing along with the boy's eyes.

That night, the moon was out but it shone it's light from behind them and the last thing I remembered were two pairs of glowing eyes that surpassed dark shadows of the night.