two

*this book is cringy so if you are making it through this, you should read our other fanfiction savior. I personally think it is a lot less cringy and has a better storyline. yeah, that's all i gotta say.*

~Camila's POV~

I thought I could handle it.

 I mean, I've watched plenty of scary movies in my lifetime. To be completely honest, I was handling it pretty well... until the first jumpscare. 

You can't blame me though, who would even think it was a good idea to go in a haunted house in the first place? Let alone stay in it after what kind of things they saw. They're idiots

Speaking of idiots, I jumped 4 feet off the ground just because a book fell on the ground. Talk about embarrassing. 

I pull my knees to my chest and bury my face between them, partly from being scared and partly from being embarrassed. Soon after, I feel a strong arm wrap around my back.

"Camila, are you okay? You don't have to watch it if you're scared." Someone whispers.

It was Daniel.

"I'm fine." I whisper back. What a lie.

"Stop being such a pussy, Cami!" Marissa laughs from across the room.

Embarrassed, I drop my knees down to the floor. I look up at Marissa, third wheeling next to Jack and Morgan, who are cuddling next to her. They look so damn cute together.

"Shut up, Rissa!" I laugh, my voice still a bit shaky.

As I look back at the TV, I notice Daniel is still staring at me. I turn and look at him.

"What?" I ask.

"What?" He asks back

"You're staring at me. Is something wrong?" I interrogate, still mortified from embarrassment.

"No." He laughs, turning to watch the movie.

I roll my eyes and look back at the TV. Then, I remember his arm around me and I lean into him the slightest bit. Throughout the rest of the movie, we end up getting closer and closer with each jumpscare. At this rate, by the end of the movie I would practically be sitting on his lap. Somewhere towards the end of the movie, I had unknowingly fell asleep, right in Daniel's grasp, again.

Why is this becoming a common theme here?

~Daniel's POV~

Yawning, I look down at Camila. She looks so calm, sleeping in my arms. The movie ended, but I didn't want to wake her up. After a bit of debating, I decide to pick her up bridal style and bring her to my room to sleep. I set her down in my bed, brushing her hair off of her face before shutting off the light and heading to the couch. It definitely wasn't the most comfortable option, but I would rather sleep uncomfortably than have her be uncomfortable.