Chapter Three: Alpha Jasper Carson

"Hello, Alpha Wallace." Jasper greeted the older gentleman. I had moved around the desk so that I was in better view of the camera. The way Jasper was angled and his large size wasn't going to work to let Alpha Wallace get a good idea who he was talking to.

Alpha Dean Wallace was an older gentleman with grey around his temples. His skin was tanned and smooth despite his obvious older age. His nose was a bit crooked, as though it hadn't grown right or something. Other than his nose, though, his features were almost perfect and symmetrical. He was pleasant to look at and he had a smooth voice, almost so smooth it was hard to feel or hear the power in it.

"I won't be called that for much longer." Alpha Wallace chuckled. "Nice to see you again, Jasper. It's been many years. And you, Cory." He acknowledged Cory who sat silently on the couch still.

"You know him?" I asked Jasper through our link. It hadn't been mentioned before when we had talked about him so it was throwing me a bit.

"Yes." Jasper replied, still looking at Alpha Wallace. "I met him..., before." I knew right then they had met in Jasper's dark days, the ones he had yet to tell me about.

"How are you, son? How's your dad?" Wallace asked.

"He's doing good. He and the rest of my family are still off in Europe." Jasper answered. "And your family?"

"They're good. My son is taking over the pack. His ceremony is tomorrow night." He grinned, pride almost radiating through the screen.

"And your niece?" Jasper asked, surprising Wallace.

"I only have one niece and she's been away for a while." He answered.

"Away where?" Jasper asked.

"She went off with a friend who was friend's with the Luna Queen. Last I heard from her, she was having fun with the Queen and she had a new relationship. That was about four months ago." He paused. "What's this about?"

"Your niece is my prisoner." Jasper answered.

"Oh God. What did the girl do?" Was Alpha Wallace's only response.

"She trespassed on my land and took a photo of one of my pack members." Jasper replied, not bothering to say more about the incident. "At the same time, my security system was hacked and information on pack members was taken. She's admitted to working with somebody but she won't tell me who sent her and why."

"Oh goodness." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I don't suppose you'd be willing to release her to my custody." He surmised.

"I need to know who she's working for so no." Jasper replied.

"I thought as much." He sighed. "Maybe I can get her to talk."

"If you think you can, you are welcome to come and try. But make no mistake, you will not be taking her with you if you fail." Jasper warned.

"She will tell us what we want to know or we will be forced to take extreme measures." I added in and his attention turned to me. His eyes widened in recognition.

"Ms. Owens. I see they've called you in." Wallace remarked.

"Do I know you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

Leanna Owens was my alias in the years after leaving home. I had enrolled in school and worked my way through. During that time, I had become the Blood Drip wolf and I had taken some jobs. Very few of them got a name other than my reputation tag but some would get my alias as a way to contact me. They paid extra for that information. When I had closed down, I sent out a warning to leave me alone or I would slaughter the next person to bother me. Nobody even thought twice about it after that. As quickly as I had appeared on their radar, I had vanished.