Chapter 50

"Who is she talking too?" Hunter thought.

"I don't know. But did they say they were related to me?" Jacob questioned.

"Yeah, that's what I heard."

Grace was watching the man, unaware that her son and Hunter were listening to this conversation.

"Well, I'm not telling him. I can't, he'll hate me for keeping this a secret."

"No, he won't. Just look at what Scott kept from him and he accepted it," The deep voice sighed. "I just can't believe you waited so long to tell me all of this."

"I'm sorry," She mumbled. "I wanted to stay out of your life just as much as you wanted to stay out of mine. But that's not doable right now is it?"

"Hey that's not fair, I wanted you in my life. It's you who decided to get all weird about the wolves."

"It is weird," she snapped. "My brother is married to a werewolf and now has a werewolf son."

"She doesn't have a brother," Jacob was so confused.

"Are you forgetting that you're in the exact same position as me? Only your son is a god!? When were you going to tell me this? I only found out an hour ago from Vic."

"I didn't want to believe it," She said glumly. "I wanted him to be a normal child with a normal life. It was only after I gave birth to him that Scott's crazy father told me about the prophecy. And after you showed me that werewolves are real by bonding with one, I knew it couldn't be a total lie."

Hunter and Jacob heard a sigh from the man.

"This is huge. He's a god of the wolves, do you know how important your son is? He's royalty to us."

"I don't want him to be," Grace dabbed at her eyes like she was getting rid of tears. "He's too fragile."

"Oh come on," The stranger stood up, giving Hunter and Jacob a perfect view of his face.

"That's Vic's dad," Hunter thought. Jacob's head was ringing. His mum had lied about everything, just like his dad. How many secrets can his family hold?

"He's not fragile. You've always had a veil over your eyes for goodness sake. Why haven't you given yourself time to understand him? Clearly, he's a very strong-willed person otherwise he would not be our God."

"He's my son, I know him like the back of my own hand."

"What a lie," Jacob muttered. Hunter stood above him so his paws were on either side of his little legs. He was trying to give him comfort as they continued to listen.

The man crossed his arms.

"My son hates himself for what he has done to Jacob. Being rival packs with Hunter was never my goal for him. I've been so angry at how he has behaved but Vic didn't know that Jacob was his cousin."

"That doesn't excuse his behaviour-"

"I know it doesn't and he has a lot of making up to do but he feels terrible."

Grace stood up and put her handbag over her shoulder.

"I need to go home," She sighed. "Tell me when you've told my son that you're his uncle."

"You're a coward you know," The man frowned. "You can't even tell your own husband about me and now your son is mates with a wolf and is a God of us all. Your ignorance came back to haunt you didn't it?"

Grace looked angry. Clearly, she wanted nothing to do with the werewolf world.

"He's my son and I love him. But you have no idea how much I hate who he's becoming. And what's worse is that he can't help any of it. My poor boy didn't have a say in his fate and that hurts more than anything."