14: Lip bite

Axel Allisons POV

Mum and Dad were so proud, Amy seemed to have gotten over the fact that I had slapped her but the feeling of what she said and what I had done sat uncomfortably in my stomach. But seeing Alyssa happy but still tired rejoicing with the family made me put the feeling aside. Everyone, slowly but gradually, made their way up to bed and that included Alyssa. I didn't mean to get between her and Dorian, I wasn't going to stop her from anything until her sixteenth birthday where hopefully she won't reject me. I went up to my room when my phone started to buzz. A picture of a lovestruck Darren popped up as Rosie pulled a silly face. Laughing, I answered the phone.

"OH - my - gosh! Did you get in?" Rosie and her hyperactive voice boomed through Darrens phone.

"Yes." I replied with the same excitement. "Alyssa opened it and told me - "

"Yes! Darren, Alyssa was the one who opened it!" Rosie yelled over her shoulder and the noise of someone jumping onto the bed beside her before Darren took the phone.

"Did she give you a reward?" He chuckled suggestively.

"Shut it you sicko." Rosie slapped him. "Put it on speaker, I want to hear." I coulf practically hear her pouting up at her mate. "Axels going to medical school - "

"I know what happened Rosie, I could hear your conversation." Darren told her before getting to more serious matters. "Speaking of Alyssa, what do we do?" I ran a hand through my hair before lying down on my bed.

"I'm waiting for her sixteenth so she can find out for herself." I told.

"That's cute." Rosie awed.

"Wait - you're sixteenth was like - four years ago?" Darren calculated.

"Close, three years." I bit my lip in embarrassment.

"And you didn't tell us - " Rosie cut Darren off.

"That's so romantic." She sighed. "who knew you were so romantic Axel." She let out another dreamy sigh.

"Watch it Rosie." Darren grumbled.

"Eh - you're somewhat romantic." Rosie told him smugly.

"Do you want me to not acknowledge our mate bond for three years? I can do that - that means no hanky panky - " a smack sounded through the phone.

"It's only not romantic when you do it." She whined. "Anyway Axel, what do we do? Like as in do we all wait? Does Amy know - "

"I almost told Amy after I came back from dropping Alyssa off at work." I confessed. "Its good that you two know now."

"It's always good to talk to someone. I think you made the right choice Axel, in waiting until she's of age." Rosie prided me, I could hear her playing with something and I started talking to Darren about my classes. All I needed was to spend a year in medic school before I came one of the pack medics. If I was really good I could probably work in the pack house, which meant I would live there with some of the residents. "Axel. What are you going to do if Alyssa rejects you?" Darren quitely scolded her as I remained silent.

"I don't know, it'll be to much for her and I'll give her space for her to make her decision." My nerves were on edge again.

"She probably won't reject you I mean, you waited three years for her to find out on her own, hot diggity." Rosie laughed. "We'll see you on Saturday?"

"You could of just said tomorrow Rosie." Darren told his mate with an eye roll.

"Whatever." She snorted, awaiting my reply.

"Yeah, I'll see you." I replied. "But - where are we going?"

"To the next generation pack program thing, you know they have all those stalls - " Rosie trailed off.

"Oh, I'll see if Alyssa and Amy want to come." I answered.

"Yes, that's right." Rosie cheered. "Got to go hot stuff."

"See you tomorrow boo." Darren goodbyed, trying to mimic Rosie.

"Stop." Rosie mumbled, probably giving her boyfriend a strange look.

"Bye you two." I hung up the phone, knowing the two were about to get into an argument over who had the better pickup line for me.