TWELVE

I am pacing the floor of my room like a crazy person.  Garreth is due here at any moment and I can already tell that my father is in his element.  I have just lived the most surreal week of my life.  I feel as though I am living out some else's life.

It all started with the kiss Garreth planted on me in front of my house when the limo dropped me off the night after we returned from our trip.  My parents were spying on us as the huge smile on my mother's face gave it away.  The look on my father's face gave me some concern however.

He stalked right over to where Garreth and I were standing as the driver unloaded my luggage and stood just a couple of inches in front of Garreth.  He crossed his arms and with a menacing sounding voice said, "Dinner!  Next Saturday!  Six in the evening!  Not.  An.  Option!"  Then he turned around after taking my luggage and walked right back into the house.

I looked over at my boyfriend who was desperately trying not to laugh his ass off.  He was not intimidated at all.  I walk over to him and say,  "I will see you tomorrow at school okay."  "Oh baby, I will be here to pick you up bright and early!"  Shaking my head at him while laughing, I give him a peck on his cheek and walk towards my mother who is still outside waiting for me.

Then I see her wave to Garreth and then turn to go back into the house.  I run over to her to help since it is always a struggle since we only have steps for her to deal with.  The cost of a ramp is just way too expensive although I hope to rectify that this summer while I work.

School was a completely different experience than my past almost four years there combined.  From the moment I woke to start my day, Garreth would be at my front door to pick me up and somehow he always presented my mother with flowers every single time.  She was pretty much smitten.

In school he pretty much made it clear who I belonged too by always being at my side with my hand in his or his arm possessively around some part of my body.  People were completely blown away by our pairing.  Two complete opposites happily co-existing in a relationship. 

He has also begun to spoil me a bit.  For the days I had class in college, a limo would be waiting for me in front of the school to take me there and once I was done, my beautiful man would be patiently waiting out side the lecture hall doors by that eyegasmic looking car of his causing all kinds of murmurs and curious glances.

The food at our school is already pretty fancy but our crew, the elite crew as I have heard we are dubbed, actually go out to eat at pretty much any restaurant we desire.  Conner's family influence can be felt there.  No more were the days where I eat what we can afford since agreeing to be Garreth's boyfriend.

Ioan could not be any happier and did not care who he told how he predicted and knew before we did that we would indeed be together.  I cannot find any argument in that since he is pretty much correct.

Now, after surviving my first week as the most important person in Garreth's life, he once mentioned that to someone, this day has been one filled with emotional chaos.  I need my father to accept him as I know beyond any doubt that I cannot be without Garreth in my life.

But my father is one of the most important people in my life and if anyone's opinion matters most to me, it is his.  I can only pray that tonight goes well for all of us.  I need these two most important men in my life to get along.

I suddenly am stopped in my frantic pacing by the sound of the front door bell ringing the arrival of who can only be Garreth.  Now my heart begins to pound much harder and I suddenly feel a bit light headed.  I cannot seem to get control of my breathing.

As I hear the sound of my man's voice as he greets my mother at our front door, as I head towards the door of my room to leave it, everything in front of me seems to sway back and forth and suddenly it all goes black.

**********

"Bert."  I hear this from far away.  "Albert w.... up!"  I am only getting bits and pieces as I try to open my eyes and focus on my surroundings.  My head is throbbing a bit.  "Baby please wake up!"  I hear the worried voice of my man and I open my eyes to see the upside down vision of my boyfriend's handsome but very worrisome features on his face.

I try to give my man a reassuring smile as he says, "Oh thank God baby."  He slowly helps me sit back up and right in front of me on his knees is my father showing deep concern.  I feel my back settle against Garreth's chest.

My father reaches out to touch the side of my forehead and as I feel his fingers graze my skin, it throbs tenderly.  "That is definitely going to leave a bump.  I am going to go down to the kitchen and get some ice okay."  I make the mistake of nodding my head and it starts to hurt a bit more.

Hearing me groan, Garreth says, "Are you okay baby?"  "I am now."  I respond as I feel him leave a very delicate kiss on the other side of my forehead that is not bruised.  "What happened Albert?"  He asks with a fearful voice.

I move over to my side so I can at least look at his face.  Then I take his hand in mine and say, "I may have given myself a panic attack that went a bit too far."  With a look of shock on his face he asks, "Why would you have done that?"  I look down into my lap and try to ignore the discomfort caused my that movement but Garreth does not let me hide.

He gently takes my chin in his hand and  raises my gaze to his and says, "What is wrong baby?"  "I am just so nervous."  "Why?"  "Garreth, I want you and my dad to get along.  It is very important to me.  You are both very important to me."

A huge smile breaks across his chiseled face as he says, "So I am important to you huh?"  Smiling back at him I say, "That is what you take away from all I just said?"  "Hmmhmmm!"  Then he leans down and gently lays a delicate kiss on my lips.  Then he fondles the side of my face as he palms it and says, "I will do whatever it takes to make you happy baby."

I look deep into his eyes and am captivated by the emotions I see swirling in them.  "You will?"  I respond and he says, "Of course I will.  Do you not know by now Albert?"  Mesmerized by him as if in a trance I ask, "What?"  "Albert, YOU are the most important person in my life and you mean everything to me."

I bring the palm of my hand up to the side of his face to pull him back down for a kiss when we are suddenly pulled out of our cocoon by the sound of a throat clearing.  "That is better."  My father says while laughing.

He looks me over probably to ensure that I am indeed okay and says, "Garreth, can you please help my son up.  His mother is very worried about her baby boy and we need to get downstairs to ease her mind and sit and eat as well."

Garreth looks at my father and says, "Of course sir."  "I will meet you both downstairs."  As he heads back out my bedroom door, he turns back quickly and gives me a look and a smile comes across his face.  He winks at me and then leaves.

I finally feel a huge weight lift off my shoulders and chest as I realize in that moment that everything will be okay.